Platinum question

bibbysnow

According to your signature, you only have 5 cruises on Carnival? Curious how you got to 75 days?

And technically, you don't need to count by the days until 2014. You have until 12/31/13 to count 10 cruises.

But to answer your question, check your documents - they will show your status for that cruise.

According to your signature, you only have 5 cruises on Carnival? Curious how you got to 75 days?

And technically, you don't need to count by the days until 2014. You have until 12/31/13 to count 10 cruises.

But to answer your question, check your documents - they will show your status for that cruise.

I counted seven, but there were several long ones in Europe. Also, I have one in January and one in February.

Just wanted to clear that up.

My young adult son will reach platinum level in the middle of our upcoming family Christmas cruise. I find this ironic considering I'll remain Gold - yet have paid for all of his cruises other than one short cruise he funded on his own.

Anyway... he asked, when booking, whether he receives any of the Platinum perks during the Christmas cruise and was told 'no' by Carnival. The benefits, per Carnival, kick in on the first cruise you book after you've reached Platinum level.

Anyway... he asked, when booking, whether he receives any of the Platinum perks during the Christmas cruise and was told 'no' by Carnival. The benefits, per Carnival, kick in on the first cruise you book after you've reached Platinum level.

I received Platinum benefits ON my 10th cruise, I did not have to wait until the cruise AFTER I reached 10. I bet if you called back and talked to another person at Carnival you would get a different answer. Sometimes I wonder :confused :rolleyes: where some of their customer service people are getting their info

My young adult son will reach platinum level in the middle of our upcoming family Christmas cruise. I find this ironic considering I'll remain Gold - yet have paid for all of his cruises other than one short cruise he funded on his own.

That is wrong. You will recieve the perks at the start of the cruise the will make you platinum. On my cruise that I turned gold, I got the gold card at check in even though my 25th day was not till the last day of the cruise. I also recieved my platinum card and perks at check in on my 10th cruise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

Happy to tell you that the Carnival Rep that told him this is incorrect.

I am turning platinum on my Breeze cruise Saturday, my docs have me listed as platinum and my boarding pass says priority, does your docs list him as platinum?

Straight from Carnivals Faqs on the VIFP Club:

"Guests graduating into a new level during a cruise will receive the benefits of the new level they are graduating into from the beginning of the cruise (e.g. those graduating to Gold on the 3rd day of a 5-day cruise will receive Gold benefits for the entire duration of their cruise)."

That is great news (that he is eligible for platinum upgrades at the beginning of the cruise!) Thanks for sending info! (Haven't looked at his/our boarding Doc's yet - just going by the info via phone from the carnival rep.)

Now I need to look into what perks he'll (we'll?) get!