It's finally official...we're doing SF-Hawaii on Grand 4/13!

gcvt

We were originally scheduled to do it this month but it just didn't work out...life-draining jobs, upcoming dry dock, family visiting, etc. We cruised twice last year and have been aching to get back to the sea. Francesca has never been to Alaska or Hawaii - we've got time in April so Hawaii it is! It will be my sixth and her third. She is so excited that she cannot be contained :)

Her Birthday is April 19 so we'll be in Hawaii for that. This will be fun for her....since it's my treat :p She says she'll take me on a B-Day cruise to Alaska next year even though she fancies herself as a warm weather cruiser. I keep telling her Alaska will give her a new perspective on life just as it did for me.

Our last cruise was on Star in C723 to Mex, which was great except for the fire system pipe that ran down the pillar of our balcony. This time we have C743.

Okay, off to the Roll Call thread! :D:D:D

[SIZE=3]How exciting for you guys....:)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]We have taken 3 Hawaii, and 2 Alaska cruises, and both of us are wanting to go back. Life has been getting in our way too, to where we can only take the shorter itins..[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Have a great time. :D[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Pat[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE] Edited by sassyredhat

[quote name='sassyredhat']How exciting for you guys....

We have taken 3 Hawaii, and 2 Alaska cruises, and both of us are wanting to go back. Life has been getting in our way too, to where we can only take the shorter itins..

Have a great time.

Pat
[/quote]

Thanks - I'm sure we'll have the time of our lives. Life always gets in the way... it's just so unfair. Can't wait to actually sail to Hawaii instead of flying there to get on a ship! BTW, Alaska is still my favorite cruise ever. So amazing.

[quote name='bdjam']Your disembarkation day is my embarkation day...keep good care of her.[/quote]

We'll do our best, but we can't make any promises :p

[quote name='akeasley']Congrats! Very jealous as I've been wanting to do this cruise for awhile but don't think I could be away from work for that many days...it'll have to be one of my retirement cruises![/quote]

Thank you - we are very excited. Feels so good just to have it booked. We both work full time and will have to use all our vacation time and a couple extra days...but we'll deal with that later. After all, it's not like we can come home any quicker than the ship.

Now the research begins on excursions, etc. We're looking forward to visiting with our friends who moved to Honolulu a couple of years ago.

How exciting! We are also on the cruise after you. It has been great to read the thoughts of those who have travelled on the Grand and have good things to say such as Bdjam :)
We , like you, are having fun planning, and also can't wait to see beautiful San Francisco as well!
Julia

[quote name='secretcastle']How exciting! We are also on the cruise after you. It has been great to read the thoughts of those who have travelled on the Grand and have good things to say such as Bdjam :)
We , like you, are having fun planning, [b]and also can't wait to see beautiful San Francisco as well![/b]
Julia[/quote]

And, oddly, we spend most of our time thinking of ways to get [i]out[/i] of San Francisco ;)

Sometimes I wish we didn't live here so we could come here for a vacation. Edited by gcvt