Do prices drop on cruises to Norway?

Hi everyone,

Next year is my 30th birthday, and I have my heart set on a cruise on Adventure of the Seas starting on 31/8/14 headed to Iceland and Norway.

The problem is the current price listed is out of our budget...

I was wondering if anyone could tell me from experience if the price of this cruise might drop after final payment? I'm hoping there might be a chance, since it's the end of the season.

If not, are there other RCCL European cruises at the end of August/during September that usually get really cheap after final payment?

Thanks a lot! :)

A heck of a lot of European schools are out on break for the month of August and into the first week or two of September--which keeps the prices a bit higher for those weeks than you often see in the US (RCI is good at marketing to the countries who have vacations in any given time frame).

I' say you have a chance of it dropping for Norway, but not a really good one (we have been waiting for a steal to Norway while out kids are out of school for years and are finally biting the bullet and just paying what it costs :rolleyes: ). Then again, I do not know how high the price is for you at this point.

Also keep in mind that final payment for people from eh EU is not until 30 days out, so often the best deals are not until after that (though we lose 10% if we cancel even one day after booking); waiting that close to book could make obtaining airfare pricey or difficult.

I do see some better deals in the Med in that first week of September. Not the kind of pricing you can get in May or October, but a lot better than in July/August.

Edited by NHDisneylover

We did this cruise this year [2013] and it was fantastic.

You are going out of Southampton and most UK schoolchildren go back this time of year, there certainly were not many on our cruise.

If like us you get a balcony discount and have a future cruise certificate you can somtimes get a good deal.

Do it asap as this ship may not be sailing from UK for many more seasons and if we get the Anthem as suggested the prices will probably be sky high for a while.

Hi

Schools go back in the UK at start of SEptember and as this is a 12 day cruise I would not expect many children on this cruise.

RC know the above and to be honest I can't see the price going down at all as there are also lots of people in UK who will wait for kids to go back to school before booking a cruise so it will b popular.

If you really want this cruise I would say save a little harder and hopefully you can stretch to the cost. Please don't read this as me just casually saying save more, I realise how hard it is these days to afford luxuries like cruises, so good luck with your saving and I hope you can get your birthday treat.

Book now if you can.

Maybe. It's hard to say.

On my Norway cruise in 2012 the prices went down significantly... to about 60% of where they started. However, last summer they went down to about 75% of where they started and then rose up again.

It's all about demand. They have algorithms that figure pricing based on the current load, the desired load and the time before sailing. So if it's a popular cruise sailing the price may never come up or it may only come down minimally.

Edited by tahqa

Thank you all so much for your quick, kind and helpful responses! :)

Things seemed clear until tahqa's response...lol...now I'm back to being confused :p

On my Norway cruise in 2012 the prices went down significantly... to about 60% of where they started. However, last summer they went down to about 75% of where they started and then rose up again.

Tahqa, do you remember when the price drops accured for those cruise?

Hi everyone,

Next year is my 30th birthday, and I have my heart set on a cruise on Adventure of the Seas starting on 31/8/14 headed to Iceland and Norway.

The problem is the current price listed is out of our budget...

I was wondering if anyone could tell me from experience if the price of this cruise might drop after final payment? I'm hoping there might be a chance, since it's the end of the season.

If not, are there other RCCL European cruises at the end of August/during September that usually get really cheap after final payment?

Thanks a lot! :)

If the bookings are poor and there are a lot of empty cabins the prices will drop.

Thank you all so much for your quick, kind and helpful responses! :)

Things seemed clear until tahqa's response...lol...now I'm back to being confused :p

Tahqa, do you remember when the price drops accured for those cruise?

On this last Brilliance cruise the last price drop occurred 3 months before my sailing date. Once they sold out of my category (D2) I stopped checking since there wouldn't be any more drops. My experience on the Radiance class ships is that D2's go quicker than D1, and E1-3 categories.

Would you consider moving to Celebrity for a Norway cruise? In the last 3 years we got good up to fantastic prices on cruises going to Norway on "Constellation" out of Amsterdam and "Infinity" out of Harwich as well as "Eclipse" out of Southhampton. I monitored the cruises I was interested in ( at the beginning the prices were ridiculous and we couldn't have afforded those) and they dropped quite nicely starting at 6 months out up to about 2-6 weeks before the cruise.

As the days are longer in June/July you might also consider looking at cruises at that time if it is in your time frame.

I booked in may for our cruise to the Baltics in june next year on the adventure and prices were ok. when there were some offers for this same time of year the prices went up by about £800 and havnt come down in a few months now. not sure if the computer update has affected the prices not changing but I still cant get into our account almost 2 weeks later and I think that maybe they are snowed under with problems for cruises leaving soon and hopefully are working towards some price drops soon.