thomson celebration

Hi my hubby has booked our 1st time cruise with thomson celebration for 3rd jan for my 40th birthday. He paid an extra 398.00 for drinks package and was told it is really worth while as it saves a fortune. Ive read posts that show most drinks carry a supplement, I only drink budweiser and was wondering is the true. Total cost for us for the week in a 1/2 cabin was 1650 which i thought was very expensive. All feedback welcome.

We went on the Dream in September and took advantage of the drinks package at £138 for the two of us (1 week). This was great value even though we're not big drinkers - however it soon adds up. My OH usually had a beer and I had a soft drink when we got back in the afternoons. We then had a couple of glasses of wine at dinner and a couple of drinks later. Perhaps a few others in between. When we received our bill at the end of the week we totalled up what the cost would have been and we would have spent around £250. Drinks on board are similar to pub prices - only some branded drinks and cocktails have small supplement which didn't affect us.

The main point of the drinks package (which starts off very cheap) is to get people to book early. Hope this helps??

With regard to Celebration, you will have a great holiday. The Dream is a newer and bigger ship and is lovely but we still have an affection for Celebration which is a lovely ship.

Hi my hubby has booked our 1st time cruise with thomson celebration for 3rd jan for my 40th birthday. He paid an extra 398.00 for drinks package and was told it is really worth while as it saves a fortune. Ive read posts that show most drinks carry a supplement, I only drink budweiser and was wondering is the true. Total cost for us for the week in a 1/2 cabin was 1650 which i thought was very expensive. All feedback welcome.

This will give you an idea - http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1748329

Should be reasonably up to date. Anything with an asterix is the supplement you pay if you have bought the drinks package, so you will be paying £2 for every bottle of Bud.

Apparently it has changed in Oct....frozen cocktails are now not free.....be grateful if someone has more info as I'm going in May and I like to know before hand if I need to take anything with me........I tend to drink Malibu and had to pay for it on my last cruise so took a bottle with me