Genoa Airport to Savona for Costa Serena - tips?

Garybem

I am booked on the Dec 6 cruise from Savona and will be flying into Genoa airport. I have looked at other posts on here which talk a lot about transfers from Savona to the airport that Costa do and can be booked on board.

Wanted to find out about getting to the ship. I have found a number of taxi / private transfer options that range from 79 Euros and up. Cannot see anything on Costa about pre booking a bus transfer.

What are people who have done this tips and links if you have any to transfer providers that worked well…?

Thanks in advance for any help!

I am booked on the Dec 6 cruise from Savona and will be flying into Genoa airport. I have looked at other posts on here which talk a lot about transfers from Savona to the airport that Costa do and can be booked on board.

Wanted to find out about getting to the ship. I have found a number of taxi / private transfer options that range from 79 Euros and up. Cannot see anything on Costa about pre booking a bus transfer.

What are people who have done this tips and links if you have any to transfer providers that worked well…?

Thanks in advance for any help!

We take the Costa coach transfer from GOA to the ship in Savona and return. Takes about 40 minutes.

It's pre-purchased thru Costa.

We always do our own air reservations from the US. Never thru Costa.

I always take a taxi. There's a fixed fare of €100 from the airport to the Costa Savona cruise terminal. Takes about 30-35 minutes. There's also the Costa bus transfer but only if you bought the cruise & flight option. Cruise-only, you're on your own.

Thanks for all the tips on options to everyone that responded. Really helpful. I think I will book a taxi transfer there and possibly the Costa one at the end of the cruise (as have a late flight and so lots of time to pass....). Do you have a usual supplier you book the taxi with? I found a few online

Thanks for all the tips on options to everyone that responded. Really helpful. I think I will book a taxi transfer there and possibly the Costa one at the end of the cruise (as have a late flight and so lots of time to pass....). Do you have a usual supplier you book the taxi with? I found a few online

The Costa transfers seems very reasonable.

Philip

You can book Costa transfer without having to book a flight through Costa. We have booked flights on our own for our next TA from Rio to Savona but have added/booked the transfer from Savona to Genua airport through our travelagent. They (travel agenccies) can do and you can do on your own when logging in on the Costa webpage - last is a guessing - I didn't check this. But you can book excursions on Costa webpage, can book AI package so I guess you can book this transfer, too.

You can book Costa transfer without having to book a flight through Costa. We have booked flights on our own for our next TA from Rio to Savona but have added/booked the transfer from Savona to Genua airport through our travelagent. They (travel agenccies) can do and you can do on your own when logging in on the Costa webpage - last is a guessing - I didn't check this. But you can book excursions on Costa webpage, can book AI package so I guess you can book this transfer, too.

Yes, you can book the transfers directly through My Costa on the website.

Philip

I just walk out of the terminal and hail a taxi from the rank. It's more expensive than the Costa transfer but the bus involves waiting in the Costa airport lounge, sometimes for over an hour, then about 45 minutes to Savona. If there's two or three of us the taxi fare of €100 isn't too bad, considering that the Costa coach transfer is €21 per person.