Fantasy Deck 5

flyboyswife

Deck 5 is my favorite on all the ships. The Oceaneer's Club and Lab are midship. The cabins are far forward and far aft. There is no problem with noise from the kids or the Buena Vista theater. There is very little traffic in the guest halls--they don't "cut thru" to anywhere, so the only people who have any reason to be there are the guests who have cabins there or the CMs servicing those cabins. (there are a few staff offices there on the classic ships, but you'd never know it).

Seriously, 5 aft is my all time favorite.

ONE caution. On the Fantasy, there is a fake door at the start of the guest section. It is part of the Midship Detective Agency game. Unfortunately, people try to knock on the door, etc. and right behind it is a guest cabin. You do not want that first cabin (the one nearest to midship) because of this cute "door."

Seriously' date=' 5 aft is my all time favorite.

ONE caution. On the Fantasy, there is a fake door at the start of the guest section. It is part of the Midship Detective Agency game. Unfortunately, people try to knock on the door, etc. and right behind it is a guest cabin. You do not want that first cabin (the one nearest to midship) because of this cute "door."[/quote']

That cabin is 5150 and I would not choose it. I had it reserved but then switched when I heard about 'Pepe's door'. I am so glad I did. It is the first cabin up the hall from the Oceaneer Lab and I thought it was fairly noisy on that corridor with folk coming and going from Lab late at night. And the fake door....there were people outside it the whole time, every time I went past it there were people there. It must have got bad for the occupants of that cabin as there was a rope and two posts across it to to try to stop people actually knocking on it!

The attraction to this cabin is that it is one of the extended veranda cabins (twice as deep as regular) and it is alsotwice as wide too being at the end of a run. Though I suspect it looks straight at a lifeboat at one end.

We stayed just across on the aft starboard and I would be happy to recommend the cabins here for having the extended verandas and being on a quiet corridor as it goes nowhere. That said the port side cabins past around 5156 should be quieter too.

That cabin is 5150 and I would not choose it. I had it reserved but then switched when I heard about 'Pepe's door'. I am so glad I did. It is the first cabin up the hall from the Oceaneer Lab and I thought it was fairly noisy on that corridor with folk coming and going from Lab late at night. And the fake door....there were people outside it the whole time, every time I went past it there were people there. It must have got bad for the occupants of that cabin as there was a rope and two posts across it to to try to stop people actually knocking on it!

The attraction to this cabin is that it is one of the extended veranda cabins (twice as deep as regular) and it is alsotwice as wide too being at the end of a run. Though I suspect it looks straight at a lifeboat at one end.

We stayed just across on the aft starboard and I would be happy to recommend the cabins here for having the extended verandas and being on a quiet corridor as it goes nowhere. That said the port side cabins past around 5156 should be quieter too.

Just another example of the Imagineers running amuck with no though of the consequences or repercussions of their ideas.

Be a dreamer, but have some reality.

That Stateroom should be removed from service (at the Imagineering Business Unit's cost) until the Imagineers can imagine and make a real life solution to the challenge THEY have created without after thought.

ex techie

Just another example of the Imagineers running amuck with no though of the consequences or repercussions of their ideas.

Be a dreamer, but have some reality.

That Stateroom should be removed from service (at the Imagineering Business Unit's cost) until the Imagineers can imagine and make a real life solution to the challenge THEY have created without after thought.

ex techie

Fixing this would be a big "nothing." This "door" isn't automated or electric or anything. It is just a wall painted to look like a wooden door with a bunch of notes/signs on it. The game clues are in the signs. Sure, they had to pay someone to make the decal or paint it onto the wall, but it isn't like this feature of the game couldn't be moved fairly easily...to a wall with a storage room on the other side or something similar. And yes, it makes one wonder where some of the stuff the imagineers do comes from.

Fixing this would be a big "nothing." This "door" isn't automated or electric or anything. It is just a wall painted to look like a wooden door with a bunch of notes/signs on it. The game clues are in the signs. Sure' date=' they had to pay someone to make the decal or paint it onto the wall, but it isn't like this feature of the game couldn't be moved fairly easily...to a wall with a storage room on the other side or something similar. And yes, it makes one wonder where some of the stuff the imagineers do comes from.[/quote']

And you see what I mean too!

They created the problem, but NEVER have to deal with the consequences afterwards!

And I absolutely agree with you that removing that part of the wall, moving it 1 foot forward, filling that space with sound deadening material and making good afterwards wouldn't cost a massive amount (for any other line) when you consider the massive amount some poor Guest has paid to stay in that Stateroom and be bothered, day, afternoon, or early evening by the constant knocking on what is an attraction. Except that DCL and WDW use contractors that up-charge and provide an extremely bad quality of work.

The problem stems from they, the Imagineer's thought it would be a cute a great attraction. And yes it is.

But they have little to no thought of where attractions are placed and the effect on another space apart from their own. They dream and that is the extent of their consideration.

AND they take NO responsibility for the aftermath which is 90% of the time and a lot of joy and excitement, but without the consequential disturbance for the few that have a bad experience.

But DCL as a different business unit have no choice but to absorb that cost themselves and they wont put it right, just blame the other business unit that caused the problem.

That business unit denies responsibly.

Result = Nothing happens. Bureaucracy in action.

ex techie

I recall reading a report not long ago from a pax indicating they were moving Pepe's door to the adjacent wall during their sailing.

Anyone else recall that? Recent sailors recall this door location?

TIA

Looks like it would be a side facing the ships wall bear?

Is that what you heard?

ex techie

Looks like it would be a side facing the ships wall bear?

Is that what you heard?

ex techie

Not sure what that means, but instead of facing fore on the forward wall of cabin 5150, which can be seen at the end/turn of the hall outside clubs looking aft, it's now on the opposite wall which is the Lab wall. Not sure if it is starboard enough to see from the cabin hall looking forward outside 5150.

A note for all; These halls connect here unlike the deck plans indicate fwiw.

Two 90 degree turns.

Of course it was only one report I read. I was surprised no one else has mentioned it.

So it's possible it is still located on the forward wall of 5150.

Not sure what that means, but instead of facing fore on the forward wall of cabin 5150, which can be seen at the end/turn of the hall outside clubs looking aft, it's now on the opposite wall which is the Lab wall. Not sure if it is starboard enough to see from the cabin hall looking forward outside 5150.

A note for all; These halls connect here unlike the deck plans indicate fwiw.

Two 90 degree turns.

Of course it was only one report I read. I was surprised no one else has mentioned it.

So it's possible it is still located on the forward wall of 5150.

I debarked last week, the 2nd November and the door was still attached to the forward facing wall of 5150 but oddly the rope and posts had been removed the last night. I think it's stuck on there because there is a little amount of extra space in that corner of the hallway as the wall goes 'back in' slightly. If they moved it along this wall a little way then it would actually be attached to the wall of the stateroom attendants storage closet which would be better for the occupants of 5150 but then it would be a narrower part of the hallway and so the corridor would be regularly obstructed.

I debarked last week, the 2nd November and the door was still attached to the forward facing wall of 5150 .....

Thanks for the report. I should have known. lol.

Yes the hall is thinner, but the poor occupants of 5150. :eek:

I feel if it's not seen from the club hall the door would receive less activity at least.

Thanks for the report. I should have known. lol.

Yes the hall is thinner, but the poor occupants of 5150. :eek:

I feel if it's not seen from the club hall the door would receive less activity at least.

I don't think it is so much to do with being seen (though that can't help) but that it gets so much activity because it is one of the features of the Midship Detective Agency game, the game actually directs you there (and more than once in the game too in our case) to look for clues!!

So is room 5650 on the fantasy a good room???

Well "good" is subjective, but ..... Yes IMO, if you would like a cabin that has a massive super extended veranda, similar to 5150, 5052, 5552. It is also at the end of hall. Someone just reported they heard some noise in hall from clubs, but not within the cabin. This cabin sleeps up to 4 pax using a ceiling bunk.

Have you seen photos of these balconies? If you walk out beyond 4 feet on veranda, pax above can see you. Some care, some don't.

A Lifeboat will be just forward, but so what. The image above I linked is a view onto a veranda similar to 5650.

Have you seen this image?

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t177/HallsofVA/b9bfaf22.jpg

Fantasy 5650 veranda;

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8069/8169572194_03ce701e49_c.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7135/8169544641_0f46f49e0d_c.jpg

http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8200/8169545079_c357cc6573_c.jpg

Looking up from a 4e; http://i.**********/tmlJt4b.jpg?1

HTH

Edited by bear3412

These 4e extended veranda cabins are the same size as cat 5, 6, 7 and lack a split bath too fwiw.

They are not as large as the cat 4a-d cabins.

Let's try this again. Looking down on the 4e's. The huge 4e verandas are not shown.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc145/WHorakNY/20110130_2188.jpg

You are above the beautiful bathrooms outside the clubs. You must tour them, male and female. ;) I wouldn't worry about that sound. If anything sound will be heard on the veranda from the outside promenade on 4 below. And if IIRC the shuffleboard game may be nearby.

Edited by bear3412

Stateroom 5150. It'll drive you crazy.

These 4e extended veranda cabins are the same size as cat 5, 6, 7 and lack a split bath too fwiw.

They are not as large as the cat 4a-d cabins.

Let's try this again. Looking down on the 4e's. The huge 4e verandas are not shown.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc145/WHorakNY/20110130_2188.jpg

You are above the beautiful bathrooms outside the clubs. You must tour them, male and female. ;) I wouldn't worry about that sound. If anything sound will be heard on the veranda from the outside promenade on 4 below. And if IIRC the shuffleboard game may be nearby.

Just to say these 4E cat cabins DO have the split bath arrangement but they DO NOT have the round bathtub as the other cat 4s do. But yes I agree they are not as large; the extra space here is outside. I stayed in 5656 last week.

I think 5650 would be really great, my only slight concern would be the lifeboat as I don't know how much it would spoil the view looking forward? But then the size of that veranda is huge so standing at the other end I don't actually think it would be an issue.

I think 5650, 5656 & 5658 are the best in the aft section as well as 5156 and 5158. With the 56 and 58s the verandas are not as wide as the 50s but they have a 'wrap' (corner) on one side and so are slightly more open and feel a little more spacious to me than when the white divider goes all the way to the rail.

Hope that helps a bit :)