Last Minute Upgrades

wido78

Cruising is something that I don't do a lot (6 times in the last 15 years) but I do go to Las Vegas A LOT and one thing I have learned in those travels is you will never get something you don't ask for and the worst they can say is "no" So... I am curious has anyone tried to request an upgraded cabin while they are checking in on cruise day?

I know there are several threads about the "upgrade fairy" but I don't think what I am asking quite fits that scenario. I would certainly be willing to pay for the right upgrade if the value is there.

If you have been successful, what do you think was the factor that helped score the deal?

Thanks in advance

It seems to be that Carnival always sails full.I know that I am obsessive about checking to see what is still available up to a day or so before cruising and find that they are either totally sold out or nothing in a category that I would be interested in.Your only chance would probably be a last minute cancellation.Good luck if you decide to try someone has to get lucky sometimes.By the way what are you booked into now?

We are set to sail on the 17th on the Breeze in a balcony room category 8G maybe? The cabin is on Deck 11.

Would be willing to pay for a suite at a discounted rate.

I'm sure it's a long shot, but hey I'm not afraid to ask.

Most ships sail full and even have signs posted stating they are fully booked and no, they do not have better cabins available at check-in.

A lot of us book the cheaper priced cabins and wish we had a better cabin. I'd think the best time to look for something better would be to check and see what is available at least a day or more ahead of time. Then you can call and offer to pay the difference.

Many PAX have actually gotten good upgrades for little or no money extra when prices drop nearer to sailing. That is probably the most common scenario.

I'm sailing out on the 17th with NCL. 9 days left wahoo!!! I asked my travel agent to find out how much to upgrade me room. She text back and got me an upgrade from inside to ocean view for free today. Yes, it doesn't hurt to ask. Especially if the ship isn't full yet. But I wouldn't wait until the last minute to try to get an upgrade I'd call and ask. Even

Even when they claim they are full, there are sometimes available cabins. I know this since 3 cabins flooded one night, and we were all put into empty cabins.

Probably because booked passengers didnt show up for whatever reason.

Even when they claim they are full, there are sometimes available cabins. I know this since 3 cabins flooded one night, and we were all put into empty cabins.

Full often means the ship is at full passenger capacity (Max Pax) with an abundant number of Triple and Quad occupancy cabin sold. Max Pax relates to the number passenger seats available in lifeboats per Coast Guard regulations.