Nov/Dec Caribbean cruises

soobs

Any one on the Azura or Ventura Caribbean cruises that booked late on a getaway, how near to sail date did you get your cabin allocation and were there any upgrades?

Any one know if the 8/9th Nov cruise is sailing full?

Any one on the Azura or Ventura Caribbean cruises that booked late on a getaway, how near to sail date did you get your cabin allocation and were there any upgrades?

Slobs, people on getaways do not get upgrades they are fitted in to the ship at the convenience of the company. If you are unlucky you will get a cabin in a poor position that no one else wants. On the other hand someone may have dropped out from their top of the range cabin and you are allocated that one.

It is all pot luck.

Gan Canny

Dai

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

We booked a getaway on Arcadia Black Sea cruise. Guaranteed balcony. We got the cabin number two weeks before sail date. Directly opposit the laundry.

Disaster? No. It was the best positioned cabin ever. No problems with the laundry, and when we wanted to do some washing the machines were closer than at home.

Getaways were so good for passengers it is no surprise the cruise lines have axed them.

David.

Edited by balf

Hi daiB

It's soobs not slobs, thank you for your very helpful post. I do not expect an upgrade I am always happy with what I get given, due to poorly parents I can only book holidays on the last minute.

Susan

Hi daiB

It's soobs not slobs, thank you for your very helpful post. I do not expect an upgrade I am always happy with what I get given, due to poorly parents I can only book holidays on the last minute.

Susan

Oops, sorry Susan,

Gan Canny

Dai

We booked a getaway on Arcadia Black Sea cruise. Guaranteed balcony. We got the cabin number two weeks before sail date. Directly opposit the laundry.

Disaster? No. It was the best positioned cabin ever. No problems with the laundry, and when we wanted to do some washing the machines were closer than at home.

Getaways were so good for passengers it is no surprise the cruise lines have axed them.

David.

I think you will find that all cruise lines sell some cabins late, to fill up the ships. On one site (American) I have seen discounts of up to 85%.

There will still be cheap deals but I would think they will be offered much nearer to sailing than getaways.

And of course getaways when introduced were not new either. They have been around in some form since we started to cruise.

Gan Canny

Dai

We have done 4 getaways and have had an upgrade every time.

You can only book the lowest grade in every cabin type and have always been upgrade to the top grade in the same cabin type.

Like Balf our cabin was allocated 2 weeks prior to sailing.

Sue

We have done 4 getaways and have had an upgrade every time.

You can only book the lowest grade in every cabin type and have always been upgrade to the top grade in the same cabin type.

Like Balf our cabin was allocated 2 weeks prior to sailing.

Sue

But that is not an upgrade. You are being allocated the cabins which are available.

Gan Canny

Dai

But that is not an upgrade. You are being allocated the cabins which are available.

Gan Canny

Dai

Dai

We have booked a Giveaway for later this year.

I have checked available cabins, and given that we are Carnival Shareholders, Baltic loyalty members, and booked premium aircraft seats I expect we will be 'allocated' one of the free suites. However I would never think of mentioning this on board neither on any cruise forum.

Cb

We are on the Ventura now we booked a guarantee balcony our cabin was allocated exactly 14 days prior and we received deck A midship very happy with this.

So that is a result.

Gan Canny

Dai

maybe I should have said a room higher grade than I am expecting

thanks kerch for the info only a couple of weeks to wait for cabin number then

Exactly

Gan Canny

Dai

Dai

We have booked a Giveaway for later this year.

I have checked available cabins, and given that we are Carnival Shareholders, Baltic loyalty members, and booked premium aircraft seats I expect we will be 'allocated' one of the free suites. However I would never think of mentioning this on board neither on any cruise forum.

Cb

Quite right as well, never mention it on the ship, bad form what!

Best if you get some cards printed with that information on and hand them round.... Works for us.

Gan Canny

Dai

Slobs, people on getaways do not get upgrades they are fitted in to the ship at the convenience of the company. If you are unlucky you will get a cabin in a poor position that no one else wants. On the other hand someone may have dropped out from their top of the range cabin and you are allocated that one.

It is all pot luck.

Gan Canny

Dai

Dai, as long as the ship is in the Caribbean, I don't care where the cabin is. Had a couple of "noisy " one on OV1 but they did not spoil the experience.

Getaway cabins on Ventura tend to be Obstructed View on deck 6. Would not mind one of those Dec2014 at today's price of £999 per person for the 14 nigh

It is all pot luck.

Gan Canny

Dai

I am sorry Dai but you are incorrect on this - we have done 3 Getaways and had good upgrades each time and choice of dining each time. e.g. Obstructed outside to A Deck midships outside, F Deck Balcony to a larger C Deck Balcony and F Deck inside to B Deck inside.

I have to agree with bee-ess, Dai... ...

The Getaway people have certainly been getting one if not two upgrades up to now at least. This is what a lot of the Vantage people have been very upset about when they were not offered upgrades even though registered for automatic upgrades and to rub salt in the wound, were not even allowed to pay for an upgrade.

And the Getaways have been easily managing to get their dining options changed to what they wanted to as well.

Edited by Scriv

I am sorry Dai but you are incorrect on this - we have done 3 Getaways and had good upgrades each time and choice of dining each time. e.g. Obstructed outside to A Deck midships outside, F Deck Balcony to a larger C Deck Balcony and F Deck inside to B Deck inside.

tut tut Dai :D

Cb

• 3 weeks later...
Just been allocated cabin D227 on Ventura departing 6/12/13,for £1199. is there any reason why these cabins were not fully booked, as these prices have been available for a couple of weeks.

They are offering zero single supplements on those early December cruises so i guess they are not selling very well.

Why? - because xmas is only 3 weeks away and people don't have the money anymore.