When are rooms ready? And can I....

briehon

Sounds like speculation on your part, and at least you have corroberated my statement that there were do restrictions and no closed doors, and no notifications that you couldn't proceed directly to your room. In fact, I remember the early days when they handed your your deck plans as you boarded and were greeted, withassisitance just fr the asking on how to get there.

Not speculation. I was told this by the hotel director the first time I encountered the big closed doors. He just happened to be standing there so I asked him why. I don't speculate.

Your cruising history must not be as long as mine.

But when I start cruising, for at least ten years, there were no closed doors; no notes, no delays. And that room was always ready, just. Like it alwys is now.

Lots to say, but in the end it's really, really is not worth the effort. You either get it or you don't.

Jamman, don't feed the bears....

Edited by bobsfamily

Not speculation. I was told this by the hotel director the first time I encountered the big closed doors. He just happened to be standing there so I asked him why. I don't speculate.

There's a disconnect then.

If it was normal protocol to proceed to your room upon bording *then*, at what point could it have become "more and more" doing it and the need to control it?

Lots to say, but in the end it's really, really is not worth the effort. You either get it or you don't.

Jamman, don't feed the bears....

OK, but just one more time as he/she thinks they are testing my memory. :D

There's a disconnect then.

If it was normal protocol to proceed to your room upon bording *then*, at what point could it have become "more and more" doing it and the need to control it?

They began handing out flyers at embarkation asking passengers not to go to their cabins until 1:30, long before they began closing the big doors. When more and more passengers began ignoring these flyers, that's when they closed the doors. Of course, you will now deny that such flyers were ever handed out, but that's OK, have at it!!

I don't understand how people think that the rules don't apply to them:mad:

If the rooms are to be ready at 12:30, or 1:30, and you DON'T have FTTF, or are NOT Platinum, you should NOT be dropping your bags off. The stewards have enough stress on this particular day, trying to get 20+ staterooms ready, and they don't need random people roaming the hallways, and getting in their way. Unreal:mad::mad:

I agree with you 100%!!

This is the first time we'll be able to go directly to our cabins when we board the ship.

We turned Platinum last year, but FTTF was not yet available on Freedom so we did not receive that perk.

Looking forward to it in January.

Make sure you get the FTTF luggage tags at embarkation. My 10/26/13 was the first time I got my luggage early. I waited curbside until the porte put the orange tags on my luggage. I boarded at 11 am and cabin was ready. I received luggage at 2pm.

I concur. Early cruisers remember boarding and going directly to the cabin with visiting family and friends. Later, they announced cabins would be ready at 1:30pm and the doors were closed. People snuck in. Signs got put up sometimes not to enter until 1:30 and sometimes a staff member stood by the door. Then FTTF came along and the signs include FTTF and other VIP members.

I concur. Early cruisers remember boarding and going directly to the cabin with visiting family and friends. Later, they announced cabins would be ready at 1:30pm and the doors were closed. People snuck in. Signs got put up sometimes not to enter until 1:30 and sometimes a staff member stood by the door. Then FTTF came along and the signs include FTTF and other VIP members.

Ah, the voice of reason... Honestly great post!

Huh? :confused: Did you even read this thread. It's right here, this is the 3rd time(at least) this sign has been posted. Where ya been?

IMG_1723_2-M.jpg

Been in the woods I guess. Early room access had never been advertised by CCL prior to FTTF. No big deal, DW and I just waited until 1:00-1:30 pm when announced that rooms were ready. We never went to room to see if we could access, corridors always seemed to be closed, so never saw your sign. Of course we have only been cruising since 1992, so haven't been around as long as most of the posters.