New Years Eve - taxis available?

Farrlacey

Taxis are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

The only problem with your proposal is that both attractions are fairly remote and off the beaten path. You could perhaps arrange for a taxi driver to come back and pick you up at both locations at an appointed time.

The logical choice would be to rent a car for the day. I am not sure that there will be cars available for one day during the busiest week of the year. You could always shop around and give it a shot.

I have not been to Casibari Rock Formations for a number of years. At one time there was a souvenir and coffee shop there. I would hope that they are still open.

As the "crow flies" they are about 3/4 mile apart from one another. Walking the roads would be at least 1 3/4 miles. It will hot and some of the roads in that area are not paved.

Casibari-Rock-Formationsp_thumb.jpg

Hooiberg is not for the faint of heart

Hooiberg-Mount-Haystack-02_thumb.jpg Hooiberg-Mount-Haystack-23_thumb.jpg

Kini Kini Tours has a Countryside Tour which goes to Casibari

Another suggestion would be to hire a taxi driver such as Bully to take you to where you wish to go. Private taxi tours are $45 per hour with a maximum of 5 people. Perhaps ask another couple from your roll call if they would like to split the tour with you to make it very affordable.

In 2 hours you could see

California Lighthouse, Alto Vista Chapel, Casibari rock formations, Bushiribana gold mine, former Natural Bridge, the Hotel and Beach area

In 2-4 hours

In addition to the above, you could also see Downtown shopping area, airport, desalinization water plant, Jamanota (highest mountain on the island), Baby beach, Caves, Arikok National Park and caves]

With 4 people you could get a very nice private island tour for $45 per person.

You will find more info at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=606744