New Been Called Nor Offered

CruiseHealing

My 12th Carnival cruise is about 30 days away. I mostly book inside cabins (8 including the up coming cruise), I see no value in Ocean View (1 time), and rarely book a balcony cabin (3 times). So you would think that Carnival would call me at least once to see if I would want to upgrade to a better cabin (balcony). But the truth is, we have never been called nor offered an upgrade. I would consider it now, if the upgrade premium was a good value. But you would think after 11 cruises, they would have called at least once? Is there a list or something I missed so I am not being offered? Come on Carnival bring me an offer I can't resist!

My 12th Carnival cruise is about 30 days away. I mostly book inside cabins (8 including the up coming cruise), I see no value in Ocean View (1 time), and rarely book a balcony cabin (3 times). So you would think that Carnival would call me at least once to see if I would want to upgrade to a better cabin (balcony). But the truth is, we have never been called nor offered an upgrade. I would consider it now, if the upgrade premium was a good value. But you would think after 11 cruises, they would have called at least once? Is there a list or something I missed so I am not being offered? Come on Carnival bring me an offer I can't resist!

I've sailed Carnival 35 times and never been called......so just sayin...

I've sailed Carnival 35 times and never been called......so just sayin...

Wow, 35 cruises and never been called. I hope CCL's new management improves their marketing department! In my opinion, first get them booked, then try to upsell them to a more expensive cabin. So, by the time of the sailing, only the cheap seats (cabins) are available, and those you can sell to the local getaway cruiser that wouldn't sail unless it was extremely well priced.

As a CCL shareholder, Carnival get your marketing people to start thinking profit margins and utilizations.

wow, 35 cruises and never been called. I hope ccl's new management improves their marketing department! In my opinion, first get them booked, then try to upsell them to a more expensive cabin. So, by the time of the sailing, only the cheap seats (cabins) are available, and those you can sell to the local getaway cruiser that wouldn't sail unless it was extremely well priced.

As a ccl shareholder, carnival get your marketing people to start thinking profit margins and utilizations.

agreed!!!

Wow, 35 cruises and never been called. I hope CCL's new management improves their marketing department! In my opinion, first get them booked, then try to upsell them to a more expensive cabin. So, by the time of the sailing, only the cheap seats (cabins) are available, and those you can sell to the local getaway cruiser that wouldn't sail unless it was extremely well priced.

As a CCL shareholder, Carnival get your marketing people to start thinking profit margins and utilizations.

I am sure they do it as necessary to max revenue and fill the ship.

I have been on 14 cruises with Carnival. The only phone calls I have receive was from the PVP a week before the cruise seeing if I've gotten everything I need and if I wanted insurance or not.

Never have been offered an free or cheap upgrade. I always book my own cabin and never a guarantee cabin. I want to pick my own cabin.

It would be nice if Carnival called those who are more frequent cruisers. A co-worker went on Princess for a 14 day Panama Canal and they booked a OV. This was their first cruise ever. Princess called their TA and said they'd been upgraded for free to a balcony. They loved the fact that they were able to stay on their balcony for the duration of the transit through the locks.....

We've been on at least 12 cruises and have never received an upsell call either.

I think one is more likely to get called/upsold if you book a cheaper cabin as there are more cabin categories they can upsell to you.

e.g. If one books OS, there is only one category above (GS) and not too many of them, whereas if one books a 1A (shudder), well, there are literally hundreds of better cabins that are potential upsell candidates.

Never been called and I really don't think too much about. Always glad when someone gets a great deal, but I don't feel left out.

I usually don't, but I booked an inside cabin and now I would consider an upgrade. As you can tell by the other posters, there is really to method to their upgrade calls. And I am willing to consider a good deal.

I ask my PVP to keep an eye out for me. So far no luck but my fingers are crossed

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1391904000,-8,ca_carnival,first%20Miracle%20cruise%20

cfi_countdown.php?vars=1396058400,-8,ca_celebrity,cruising%20the%20Pacific%20Coastal%20on%20Century

My plan is to call my PVP on Monday to see what she can do. What amazes me is that I get calls at least 6 times a year on great rates and if I can go. Which I have done. But upgrade offers are never been proposed. I would love them to bring the offers.

I have cruised carnival 16 times and have been offered an upsell twice. both times, (I noticed this), I was booked in the highest category for that room type. I booked a balcony room and was offered an upsell to a grand suite for x amount of dollars etc.

We, too, have been on 25+ cruises, and have never been upgraded. If you feel like it is "not worth it" then why even question why they don't upgrade you.

Since I have never been asked, I really don't know if the offer is worth it. Just like you don't know because you have never been offered. But, why not ask frequent cruisers with inside cabins or ocean views if they would want a balcony cabin. It is poor marketing and utilization of the assets. As a shareholder, they are leaving potential cash on the table.

I have cruised carnival 16 times and have been offered an upsell twice. both times, (I noticed this), I was booked in the highest category for that room type. I booked a balcony room and was offered an upsell to a grand suite for x amount of dollars etc.

Well that is an interesting trend. That may mean that they use a program that only isolated categories at the upper end of a room type and ignore everything else. That supports my theory of poor marketing and utilization of assets. I am sure glad they have just replaced the Carnival management team. Maybe the stock price can get out of the 30's.

I've done 43 on Carnival, and have never been called for an upgrade, but HAVE been upgraded FREE a number of times. Last cruise, on "Breeze" was the absolute best one, as I was upgraded from an inside, to an OCEAN SUITE free of charge. I didn't know about the upgrade until I was checking in at the port. SUITE DEAL indeed! ;)

"SKY"

Well that is an interesting trend. That may mean that they use a program that only isolated categories at the upper end of a room type and ignore everything else. That supports my theory of poor marketing and utilization of assets. I am sure glad they have just replaced the Carnival management team. Maybe the stock price can get out of the 30's.

it was for an extra $200 for a 5 day cruise for 2! who could pass that up! and I meant to say ocean view suite..not grand suite. the other time, I was interior to ocean view for 3 day cruise for around $250...passed on that one.

I just think really it means people want that category of room, so carnival is going to find those that paid a bit more for the higher category room to see if they want to move. never been upgraded though :(...and don't plan on it lol.

Your upsell fairies generated over $10 Million dollars of added revenue last year. Over 3 million people cruise Carnival yearly and just because you weren't called for an upsell, thousands of people were. It also doesn't mean Carnival doesn't think about profit margins and utilizations.

And FYI this is done via the Revenue Management / Sail Support departments, not Marketing.

The rep I booked my current cruise with told me that she used to be in "the upgrade dept." and it was completely random (wishful thinking).

I got a call twice.

Once-5 day cruise to Canada...I was on Lido Inside...I was offered a Lido Balcony. I forget the price....but a balcony to Canada just isn't worth it.

Next cruise...Miracle to Bahamas. I was in a 4K (French Door)...when I got a call to a mini-suite (not sure of the Label...but it was a large cabin with a very large balcony). For 8 days...$300. We took that one...and it taught me that I really don't need a balcony, even for the Bahamas. (I forced myself to sit out there and eat breakfast just to get use out of it.) But, it was worth it for the extra room. I'd do this upsell again.

Hi Cruisehealing!!! My family and I are sailing with you on the Fascination!!! Praying for beautiful weather!!! I am getting ready to go on my 2nd cruise and I got the email about an upgrade from OceanView to a Balcony for $300. If I had it I would have done it!!