Dinning on the Sunshine

Cruiser-66

We are sailing on the Sunshine on the 18th, so getting close. We have set time dinning so we'll probably get put in the smaller dinning room. Is the experience pretty much the same there? Do the waiters dance on the tables like in the larger dinning room? My grand-kids loved that! Also are most food areas on the Lido free or are there charges for some? Is there a thrill theater that you buy passes for, and is it worth it? We're taking two teenage grandsons this year and thought they might enjoy it.

The "smaller" dining room is the place to be. Ken Byrne is the maitre d'. Not only is there dancing but Ken sings like Frank Sinatra.

No thrill theater but the ship does have awesome water slides.

I posted lots of pictures from our May 17th Carnival sunshine cruise here:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1845665

We will also be on that cruise and wil be in Ken's dining room.

The "smaller" dining room is the place to be. Ken Byrne is the maitre d'. Not only is there dancing but Ken sings like Frank Sinatra.

No thrill theater but the ship does have awesome water slides.

I posted lots of pictures from our May 17th Carnival sunshine cruise here:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1845665

We will also be on that cruise and wil be in Ken's dining room.

Which dining room is breakfast served in?

To answer your question on the Lido dining...during the day, all the food on Lido is free. At night, JiJi's and Capucino del Capitano are pay restaurants. Something to keep in mind, on the first day, most people won't discover JiJi's or Capucino del Capitano yet (at least this was the case on our cruise), so there is no waiting for the Mongolian wok that first day.

The food at the Havana bar isn't well marked, and if you aren't aware of it being there, you will likely miss it.

John just responded to this question on his facebook page yesterday.. It went something like "due to the increased interest in YTD, the bigger dining room will be used for that, and the smaller dining room (i believe he also mentioned AFT) is being used for set dining times."

Not quite sure I like that and hope it doesnt spread shipwide only because we always asked for the dining room that is closer to my Mom's cabin as she can't walk far.. If we book in the forward part of the ship, or even the middle, thats a long way to go for dinner depending on which ship we're on...

Something to think about when booking future cruises if this takes off on all ships....