Royal princess angled balcony

GOODIES

I am in L302 on my cruise next week and I have been trying to do a bit of research on the cabin, but I have also found very few details. From the cabin description and the layouts it appears that the balcony is slightly larger, however I am not sure how much of the extra space is actually useable. I have combed through tons of pictures of the area and in some pictures it looks like someone put a chair there. All things being equal, I know I should have at least the same amount of space as everyone else , anything else I will consider a bonus. My one reluctance is that, obviously the AFT wall creates a sort of blind spot . I will try to take some pictures as soon as I board next Sunday and post them to this topic.

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I don't remember any posts about L301/L302. There are somewhat similar cabins on many ships aft on Baja deck on the smaller Grand class ships and Baja and Aloha on the larger Grand class ships with the Riviera deck. Web site shows total size as 250 sq. ft. versus the standard 222 sq. ft. which would imply a 28 sq. ft. larger balcony of 64 sq. ft. if correct. You should have much more shade because the Sun deck above extends well past your balcony and you could experience some wind on the balcony when underway. Please give us a report when you return.

Does your balcony door open if you don't mind find out I have a buddy and his wife in the cabin next door thanks, enjoy your cruise

Yes they do.

We were on the 11-10-13 sailing and we were in a DV category balcony room on the 8th (emerald) deck.(E405) There were angled balconies on both sides of our room, but our balcony was 54 sq feet and perfectly square. It is called obstructed, but there was absolutely no obstructions! We loved the location and the room! We did a cabin crawl and we saw the "normal" size of most balconies on the ship and our balcony was at least twice the size. We just got home Monday and I have not gone through my pictures, but I know I took some of the balcony. We were above and between Meridian Bay and Facets when looking at the deck plans on the princess website. Very quiet area and we had no complaints!!:D

Here is my. I I review of my room...

The balcony is huge and I love the location. However, many (especially Elites) may find this location noisy. You do not hear the MUTS ,but I occasionally did hear the live bands or DJ. In addition , you can hear a lot of sounds from above you. I think it was from the crew cleaning the deck or moving loungers etc. Typically, you could hear this at night or early morning. That being said , I took it as the price to pay for the location and yes I would book the cabin again and in fact I did book it on the Regal next year.

• 1 year later...
Here is my. I I review of my room...

The balcony is huge and I love the location. However, many (especially Elites) may find this location noisy. You do not hear the MUTS ,but I occasionally did hear the live bands or DJ. In addition , you can hear a lot of sounds from above you. I think it was from the crew cleaning the deck or moving loungers etc. Typically, you could hear this at night or early morning. That being said , I took it as the price to pay for the location and yes I would book the cabin again and in fact I did book it on the Regal next year.

on your Regal cruise in 2014? We had it held then just released it for a extended cabin E428 on Emerald Deck. Even though it is labeled as an obstructed view. It doesn't appear to be in that area of the Regal.

Now that I've read your post though - I'm wondering IF I made the correct decision on the Lido cabin. How noisy was in early morning? Was the cabin itself terribly small?

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I enjoyed it but if you don't like noise you would want to avoid it. You can hear a lot of movement from above and from the hallway. The noise above comes from the retreat area dragging carts or loungers and sometime you can hear what amounts to woman's heals . Also there is a service door near by where the bring up all the stuff for the area or bring through the laundry etc. It did not get quiet until after 1am and then started up again at 6am.