Has anyone brought alcohol on board

Mjasp

And if so, did you carry it on or pack it in your suitcase?

If no one has brought alcohol on do you know if they go through your checked suitcases?

Or even better yet, can you prchase a bottle of wine and a bottle of rum for on board consumption in your cabin, then I won't bother bringing alcohol on board. I like to have a glass of wine and my husband likes him rum and cokes on the verandah.

This is one of many questions I will have in the coming months, as this will be my first Costa cruise.

Thanks

Joanna

I did last year.

But we put our alcohol in water bottles and put them in our luggage. We also like to have a drinks on the balcony before dinner.

My parents purchased alcohol in the gift shop and they held it til the end of the cruise. But we purchased Rum in port and they let us take it back to our room with us.

So who knows what they'll do, and things change from year to year and, if you're cruising the carribbean vs. Europe.

When and what ship are you sailing on?

I haven't been on Costa or on a cruise in the Med yet...

I've done it on Carnival, RC and Norwegan and never had a problem. Don't bring anything metal like beer cans, pack it deep in your luggage and don't look drunk.

I've seen people get busted they just check it for you until the last night.

We were on the Magica in May and we were able to keep the liquor we bought on the ship in our room for our use! And believe it or not it was cheap! The only downside to the Magica was that they charged for room service so when we ordered juice it sill cost some $$ but it still came out cheaper. On the deck we brought water bottles full of the vodka and also ordered juice from the waiters and mixed our own.

Thank You, I was hoping they sold liquor on board for a reasonable price. I myself am a wine drinker and am going to buy the wine package, my husband is a rum drinker and would like to drink rum and cokes on the verandah.

Do they post prices on their website?

What ship are you going on? We were on the Magica in the Med. I've never been on a Costa ship that left from the U.S. They might have different rules about purchasing alcohol on board and letting you take it to your room. This was actually the first cruise I've been on that allowed us to take it to the room. The other cruise lines will keep it until the last day where they deliver it to you. I had to ask the sales guy twice to make sure I was understanding him correctly.

Mjasp

Hi, I was on the Mediterrenea in the West Carb. last Feb. and they wouldn't let us purchase liquior then, maybe things have changed in the past year. I think "rules" are different in Europe than in Caribbean. Wouldn't hurt to call them and see.

Have a great cruise

Archived