NEW ROYAL Cruiser going on Freedom of Seas

RyanMFitz1

You picked an awesome ship for your firat RCI cruise. If you come back not blown away by this ship then I will be very surprised. No other cruise lines have any ship design that is similar to the Freedom class ships.

Enjoy the anticipation!

If you really want to get blown away, go to the heli-pad when the Freedom in underway:D

My wife and I are booked for Freedom as well in January. Our first on Royal Carribean as well.

We have been on NCL and once Carnival. I understand that RC is less "casual" than the others. Generally I enjoy wearing dress pants and a tie to dinner, but no jacket. Will this be out of place on the Freedom?

No you wont be out of place. Since my wife and I only cruise once a year, I enjoy putting on my tux. but you will be fine.

After 16 CCL cruises in a row (and one NCL this past summer) we are sailing on the FOS for our first RCCL experience this Christmas. We will have 4 of us in a GS, and are looking forward the the Concierge Lounge perks. One thing I would do is to reserve the ice skating show as soon as it opens for your booking. For us, it was about 3 months out. I heard the show is great, and it books up right away. I'll let you know how the cruise was in about 39 days!:D

I hope you have a wonderful and safe trip !! Can't wait to hear what you thought :)

I did book the ice show about one month out. Once on board, I noticed they have special hours and a place (On Air) where they will take your reservation. I think it might be the morning of the day of the ice show. We got to the ice show about 10 minutes before it started and there were a block of good seats that were being held for either suite guests or preferred cruisers. They release them if no one shows up, so we walked in and they gave them to us.

I was on Freedom about a month ago and you will love this ship. The staff is friendly and the food was really good.

If you like chocolate, I suggest the Chocolate Expresso Brownies in the Café Promenade. A drink one night in the Olive or Twist, beautiful view of the pools and ocean. The Pub on the Promenade is really fun and has lots of choices of beers from around the world.

Enjoy!

I am also a Carnival convert. Both lines have good and bad points but I am building up points with RC now. I was on the Freedom in February and loved it. Don't miss Freedom Ice, Quest, and Love and Marriage. Also I really enjoyed the movies at night by the pool, very relaxing. We ate at Chops one night and it was wonderful. We also had breakfast one day at Johnny Rocket's (breakfast is free). We did My Time Dining and made reservations for the week and had a table for two with the same waitstaff each night. If you go to the dining room on right when you board they are really accommodating. We did the Mystery Dinner on the first night and had a ball. You start out in one of the lounges with champagne and appetizers and then move down to Portofino's. Wine was included during dinner and the food was perfect. The show was cheesy but a lot of fun, I can't wait to so it again. If you guess correctly you have a change to win a nice gift basket. Book early because it sells out and they only offer it on the first night. I like to board early and got the first shuttle from the hotel at 10:30. We were one of the first on board within 30 minutes. There are many opinions on what to eat but I always start any RC cruise with Honey Stung Chicken and a drink of the day in the Windjammer, it is a tradition. I have found that the staff on RC is outstanding. FYI, don't wait in line at guest services during the day, they are open 24 hours and if I needed anything I went right before bedtime and never waited in a line.

I am also a Carnival convert. Both lines have good and bad points but I am building up points with RC now. I was on the Freedom in February and loved it. Don't miss Freedom Ice, Quest, and Love and Marriage. Also I really enjoyed the movies at night by the pool, very relaxing. We ate at Chops one night and it was wonderful. We also had breakfast one day at Johnny Rocket's (breakfast is free). We did My Time Dining and made reservations for the week and had a table for two with the same waitstaff each night. If you go to the dining room on right when you board they are really accommodating. We did the Mystery Dinner on the first night and had a ball. You start out in one of the lounges with champagne and appetizers and then move down to Portofino's. Wine was included during dinner and the food was perfect. The show was cheesy but a lot of fun, I can't wait to so it again. If you guess correctly you have a change to win a nice gift basket. Book early because it sells out and they only offer it on the first night. I like to board early and got the first shuttle from the hotel at 10:30. We were one of the first on board within 30 minutes. There are many opinions on what to eat but I always start any RC cruise with Honey Stung Chicken and a drink of the day in the Windjammer, it is a tradition. I have found that the staff on RC is outstanding. FYI, don't wait in line at guest services during the day, they are open 24 hours and if I needed anything I went right before bedtime and never waited in a line.

Thank you so much for your tips !!

I read on here about the dinner theater and I have always enjoyed things like that. THis whole cruise for me and mom is going to be a cruise of "firsts". We are making it a point this cruise to step outside the box and do things that other cruise lines don't have.

Is it possible to request a 2 top table for me and my mom in the main dining room? we enjoy looking out the window on previous cruises in the back of the ship watching the sunset.

Also is there a place to see the menu? Has anyone posted that on a website or anything?

Hello, and welcome! Here's a link for the culinary department and lots of other Royal info I think you will enjoy.

http://www.royalcaribbeanpresscenter.com/press-kits/