Total Change of Itinerary for Radiance January/06

I have been checking the price faithfully for my upcoming cruise on The Radiance of the Seas but never thought to look at the itinerary. You can imagine my surprise today when I noticed that it was totally different. It went from an Eastern cruise to a Western cruise. I'm extremely disappointed as I picked this particular cruise for the itinerary. My question is: Does anyone know when this changed? :(

I certainly can imagine your surprise and also why you're upset!! Yes I too choose a ship based on an itinerary I like, so if mine was changed THAT MUCH, I'd be very very angry. Call your TA or call RC and see what else you can take --did you cconfirm this on the RC website too?

Which sailing are you booked on? There is no 1/06 sailing. There is a 1/08 sailing but it has been a western itinerary for quite some time. If they truly switched it then you have my sympathy. But if you are booked on the same 1/08 sailing as I am, then I promise you we will all still have a very good time.

The date is Jan.2/06. The ports of call were: St. Thomas, St. Maarten, and Puerto Rico. Now: Cococay, Costa Maya/Mexico, and Grand Cayman (this will now be my third time here) .

Its just such a total change. Does anyone know why RCCL would make such a drastic change in itinerary?? I'm wondering if it has anything to do with sales being down for that time of year and its cheaper for them to do the Western? The prices have dropped for many cruises leaving right after Christmas. I really don't know anything about the cruise industry, but I'm just guessing. Just curious more than anything. :confused:

We are basically stuck with this now because we have booked non refundable airfare with a stop over in NY for New Years Eve (which is something I've wanted to experience for a long time). Also, vacation time has been previously scheduled as well.

Its still a cruise right, no matter what, but a bit disappointing. I know we will still have a fabulous time.:)

You're absolutely right, it really isn't a big deal. I am lucky to be able to go on a cruise with my best friend. Its just that we picked this cruise for the itinerary and then as an after thought, we decided to do a stop-over in NY for New Year's Eve. It would be too costly to change our flights, and complicated to change our vacation time at work. There are a few other ships leaving and returning to Florida on our same sail dates, but unfortunately, they are doing Western too. :rolleyes: Hey, we'll live through it............:p Just a good excuse to plan another cruise!:D

The itinerary was changed somewhere around the end of June - When I called RCCL and questioned why, I didn't get much of an answer.

We also chose the Radiance of the Seas because we like the Eastern itinerary more.

So since we also already have our nonrefundable airfare booked and my husband can't take off at any other time we decided to go anyway since we just love being on a ship. We did, however, change ships! If we're not thrilled with the ports, we thought we shoulld at least be on the Explorer. We loved the Navigator and Voyager and we could easily spend all of our time on the ship - maybe getting off at one port.

We also checked into going a few days earlier - Dec. 31st - but the prices were so high that we're staying with what we have!

You have every right to be upset. I would contact RCCL and see what's going on, and see if they would be willing to help work something out (like reimburse you for your airfare), I doubt it, but it never hurts to ask.

I was on the EOS the first ship to dock at Costa Maya September 2001...it is a beach stop as is Coco Cay. I can't even begin to understand why they would put both of these ports on the same itenrary. Now with Costa Maya you can do excursion to the ruins but as far seeing anything inside Costa Maya you will shops which hopefully since 2001 are filled with merchants, I saw nothing. With that being said I would try to find a different itenrary. Coco Cay is stiff competition for Costa Maya.

I am thinking of switching to the Mariner out of Port Canaveral with ports of call such as Ocho Rios, Grand Cayman and Cozumel, all of which I visited this past January on the Voyager. However, my friend has not been to any of these ports. The price is almost exactly the same. My dilemma is: we are flying in and out of Miami. My flight home from Miami leaves at 11:30am, will I make it from Port Canaveral?? Probably not, which leaves me with the expense of changing that flight. Does anyone have experience travelling from Miami to Port Canaveral? Is it expensive and how far is the trip? Thanks for letting me know about Costa Maya, I had no idea what to expect. Oh gosh, whatever to do??????????????? :eek:

Emmy, you're kidding!!!! I had no idea. I'm not doing that!!! Thanks so much, I'm going to rule that idea out right away!! If my memory serves me correctly, you weren't as happy with the Radiance class ships as you were the Voyager class. I'm a bit worried after being on the Voyager, that I might feel the same. But on the other side of the coin, how will I ever know if I don't experience both?? Make sense?? Going to think this through some more! :rolleyes:

Emmy, you're kidding!!!! I had no idea. I'm not doing that!!! Thanks so much, I'm going to rule that idea out right away!! If my memory serves me correctly, you weren't as happy with the Radiance class ships as you were the Voyager class. I'm a bit worried after being on the Voyager, that I might feel the same. But on the other side of the coin, how will I ever know if I don't experience both?? Make sense?? Going to think this through some more! :rolleyes:

over the edge ~ from your signature I see you sailing Jewel before Radiance so you will get a feel for that class of ship... you do need to experience both so you can form your own opinion... the differences were only slight and I think it was mainly cause we had so many children on our sailing of Jewel that I felt it more crowded than Voyager class......

I am partial to the large ships and currently have two booked on Freedom..inaugural and the Oct 15 Crown & Anchor loyalty sailing... but Radiance is at the head of the class for my 2007 Hawaii cruise....

Emmy

We have decided to stay with The Radiance of the Seas. This will be the first crusie for my friend and she is happy to travel to any ports of call. Myself, I'm just happy to be cruising!! We also booked early and were lucky to get the corner aft on deck 9 so we don't want to give that up!! :p

over the edge ~

So you are staying in deck 9 corner aft..what cabin # as I think that is the cabin I would like to book for our Hawaii cruise on Radiance in 2007..take lots of pictures of it...

Enjoy New years Eve in New York

Emmy :)

Thanks for the good wishes Emmy. I am soooo looking forward to New Year's Eve in NY, and just seeing NY will be awesome.

We have cabin 9256. If this is the cabin you are thinking of, I will take many pics for you. I loved all your pictures from your past cruises. Isn't it great to see pictures of the cabin or balcony that you are going to have. It just makes everything that much more exciting!!!

We also have a corner aft on deck 10 booked on Freedom. Cabin 1400. Its so far away still, I don't dare to dream about that cruise yet! But I do.......:rolleyes:

We have cabin 9256. If this is the cabin you are thinking of, I will take many pics for you. I loved all your pictures from your past cruises. Isn't it great to see pictures of the cabin or balcony that you are going to have. It just makes everything that much more exciting!!!

We also have a corner aft on deck 10 booked on Freedom. Cabin 1400. Its so far away still, I don't dare to dream about that cruise yet! But I do.......:rolleyes:

Yes over the edge that is the cabin I was looking at 9256...cabin 1400 looks awesome on Freedom....

Emmy

Here's a link to some pics of cabin 9256 on the Radiance. We've booked 1604 on the aft for our upcoming Panama Canal cruise - can't wait! The Radiance is our favourite ship, and while we couldn't get the corner aft, we're excited about having an aft cabin to go through the canal. Have a great cruise.

http://community.webshots.com/photo/176263855/176263855qaoQhi

KamloopsCruisers, thank you so much for the pictures. I am that excited right now that I'm not sure what to do with myself!! I'm going to forward those pictures to my friend right now!! I think Emmy may have stayed in the same cabin that you have booked. Did you find her pics on webshots?? :)

KamloopsCruisers, thank you so much for the pictures. I am that excited right now that I'm not sure what to do with myself!! I'm going to forward those pictures to my friend right now!! I think Emmy may have stayed in the same cabin that you have booked. Did you find her pics on webshots?? :)

I just did a search on webshots for "Radiance Cabin 9256". There are LOTS of aft cabin pics available, but these were the only ones I could readily find that stated they were #9256.

Archived