We could just could not get into cruising

Antonintassie

One of the main reasons we want cruising to work is that I work whilst travelling and we do not like resorts as a family holiday ,so a cruise should mean a base to visit new and interesting places without packing and unpacking and provides a base to work from as required .

I am hoping the Carribeann may offer some laidback fun shore time with some local flavour

I do not think Carnival is our style at all ,we like high end travel product and book suites and loath "resort activities"

One of the main reasons we want cruising to work is that I work whilst travelling and we do not like resorts as a family holiday ,so a cruise should mean a base to visit new and interesting places without packing and unpacking and provides a base to work from as required .

I am hoping the Carribeann may offer some laidback fun shore time with some local flavour

May I ask a couple of questions? Is it fair to assume that your son is home schooled in some way since schooling does not seem to be a factor in deciding when to travel? Also, in the states most kids go back to school immediately after the New Year, so although there might be guys university age on the ship I am not sure about teens.

Secondly, you indicate that you want to be able to do things as a family and that you want an upscale setting. What kinds of things are you looking to do?

Thank you.

I do not think Carnival is our style at all ,we like high end travel product and book suites and loath "resort activities"

I do wonder what you're basing your judgements on. Aside from a few superficial details, most ships aren't that different when you get down to it. (In fact, judging by the experiences of friends the Carnival staterooms are better than many Princess ships).

Yes, some ships have a lot of games going on, but that doesn't mean they don't have their classier rooms and quiet places. More than you'd get in an average hotel due to the obvious size of the place.

It's a matter of weighing up what you want. High end, more expensive ships are obviously likely to be quieter and have a higher age demographic as many people can't afford to take big families on them. You've already said you didn't enjoy that so I'm not sure anything is going to be work. Still, the ports have much to offer in the Caribbean so there's always that. Port intensive cruises mean less time on board, so I guess that can be a good or bad thing depending on your POV.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Glad yore going to try the Caribbean. I'm in love with the laid back lifestyles and beautiful water. When my son was younger, we saw nearly all of the united states. We piled in a van and saw it all along with some of canada. I never thought I'd care for sailing. It was the only way I could spend much time with my now grown workaholic son. The first experience wasn't too great because we were on a broken ship. But my job is overwhelmingly stressful and I found the ability to relax and make the fewest decisions humanly possible a perfect fit. Like you mentioned, I love that I can see all kinds of beautiful places and meet people from lots of different places and ways of life without packing and unpacking. I also prefer that party atmosphere on carnival cruises. Everybody is out to have a great time and the larger cabins are a plus considering my claustrophobia. Some of the bizarre activities is entertaining from the perspective that I don't have to do anything about it. I get to sit and watch all the craziness and it's somebody else's problem. I hope this trip is awesome for you.

Carnival Destiny jan 2010

Carnival Liberty 9/28/13

Carnival Victory 10/5/13

Carnival Sensation 3/9/14

Carnival Sensation 3/13/14

Carnival Splendor 11/1/14