Paradise GS VS. JS

Maddycakes

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

I am planning a cruise on Paradise in March, and I was hoping to get some advise. First, I would like your opinion on GS VS JS. It would be a $600 difference.

And also what perks come with either category.

Thank you again for all your wisdom :-)

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

I am planning a cruise on Paradise in March, and I was hoping to get some advise. First, I would like your opinion on GS VS JS. It would be a $600 difference.

Don't believe you would be happy with the js balcony it is almost not there.."smallest I have ever seen" and not very private.The js are on verandah deck though ...nice and quiet few cabins.gs is a much larger room and large private verandah. Although $600 is big add on for such a short cruise...you could take another cruise for that.The perks are overrated.

Hi Fellow Cruisers,

greetings neighbor

as others have posted not really a good ship for upgrades at that price point. she a great ship but old with limited space

if you are set on the paradise I would not go for an "upgrade"

we use the paradise for the cheap 4 day get always always fun

if you are looking to pay that much for an upgrade .. well you are 4 hrs max from many great deals

either way hope you have a blast

Thank you for all of the great info.

Our friends are getting married on this cruise, so we are stuck with this particular ship. Our last few cruises have been on RCI.

After reading the comments I am thinking we might as well save the extra dough....

I did read that suite guest can order room service from the dining room menu. We have a child traveling with us , so this could make things convenient. Is this a curtesy for everyone or just JS /GS?

I've never sailed that particular ship but I LOVE that class of ships. Sure they're older and smaller than the new ones but to me they just have a great 'feel' to them. I like how easy it is to actually, gasp, see the ocean unlike on many newer ships.

Just didn't want my comment about the small JS balcony to give you a negative idea of the ship in general. If Carnival still had the Fantasy class on 7 day routes I'd choose them everytime.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Waterloomarc

I agree that I wouldn't spend the extra money to upgrade on this sailing. Save the cash and book another cruise.

The Lido buffet also offers the food that they serve in the dining room. This is a great option for eating with kids. You won't have wait service, but you can go anytime and it's usually very quiet and uncrowded. IMO, it's much nicer than eating room service in your cabin.