Soap, shampoo and conditioner any good on the breakaway?

limeyalchemist

My wife made me ask this...my apologies

Is the Soap, shampoo and conditioner any good on the breakaway? Should we bring our own?

All helpful answers either way will help me stay out of the doghouse next week! Lol...

For some people it is good enough...for other people it is not.

It is actually better qualitywise than what some people use at home...and it is also way below the quality of what other people use at home.

"Any good" is a hard thing to qualify since it can easily mean different things to different people.

I'd hate to tell you one way or another since I really have no idea of your tastes/needs etc to determine if it is any good FOR YOU.

If you have any reservations...simply take your own. Better to have it and not use it than to need it and not have it.

We did not realize there was no bar soap and did not pack any but using a washcloth and the shower gel worked fine for us. If you want bar soap, bring it along. The only soap you'll get is liquid but that is for washing hands at the bathroom sink.

Along with shower gel, the only other item in the shower is shampoo, there is no CONDITIONER. I thought I brought shampoo and conditioner but noticed when unpacking I brought 2 bottles of conditioner. So, we had to use the ship's shampoo dispenser and our own conditioner. The ship's shampoo is awful, hardly draws a lather, but it worked fine when I followed it up with my own conditioner.

You're wife may want to bring all these things on board as the quality on the ship wasn't that good.

There is no conditioner, only shampoo and body wash in the shower. I would take some conditioner for sure. I like bar soap, so I took that also.

We were in a balcony if that makes a difference from suites and haven.

We did not realize there was no bar soap and did not pack any but using a washcloth and the shower gel worked fine for us. If you want bar soap, bring it along. The only soap you'll get is liquid but that is for washing hands at the bathroom sink.

Along with shower gel, the only other item in the shower is shampoo, there is no CONDITIONER. I thought I brought shampoo and conditioner but noticed when unpacking I brought 2 bottles of conditioner. So, we had to use the ship's shampoo dispenser and our own conditioner. The ship's shampoo is awful, hardly draws a lather, but it worked fine when I followed it up with my own conditioner.

You're wife may want to bring all these things on board as the quality on the ship wasn't that good.

FYI...What NCL offers in the shower dispensers is a) Shower Gel, and b) a Shampoo WITH Conditoner. A combination product is perfectly fine with some people, while others might never want to use it.

So, while there are not seperate Shampoo and Conditioner dispensers, it isn't really accurate to say that there is no Conditioner.

FYI...What NCL offers in the shower dispensers is a) Shower Gel, and b) a Shampoo WITH Conditoner. A combination product is perfectly fine with some people, while others might never want to use it.

So, while there are not seperate Shampoo and Conditioner dispensers, it isn't really accurate to say that there is no Conditioner.

Well, it's marked SHAMPOO so how am I supposed to know it has conditioner in it too??? Must be why I didn't care for it and that it didn't offer any lather.

Well, it's marked SHAMPOO so how am I supposed to know it has conditioner in it too??? Must be why I didn't care for it and that it didn't offer any lather.

Don't know how...I just asked. They didn't act like it was a secret or anything. So yeah, I can see why you might not have liked it, and agan, while other people just might like it very much. After all, how can I tell someone what they will or won't like?

Thanks for all of the helpful answers. I realize that all of this is subjective, but hearing what people advise is helpful. We are probably middle of there road on preferences, but now we know to bring our own conditioner and bar soap.

We are in two side by side balconies, so we'll need double of everything. And with four girls, all with long hair, having good conditioner is important after being swimming and in the sun all day.

Much appreciated...now I can avoid the doghouse.

I wish I knew there was no actual separate conditioner before I went on my cruise this past week. I have long hair and it was so tangled after my shower. The shampoo+conditioner formula just didn't cut it out for me. I didn't want to splurge on getting a high end conditioner at the shops so I just tried to painfully comb my tangly hair. DH missed the bar of soaps too so whenever we cruise next on NCL, I will bring my own conditioner and bar of soap!

My wife made me ask this...my apologies

Is the Soap, shampoo and conditioner any good on the breakaway? Should we bring our own?

All helpful answers either way will help me stay out of the doghouse next week! Lol...

If you are in a suite, then yes, it's great. If not, it's dollar store quality, maybe slightly worse.