No VSOE Boat Train for Jan. 3, '06 QE2 Transatlantic

Ken_W

Very disappointed to learn today, after calling Cunard here in CA every couple of weeks since last January, that the Orient Express boat train from London to Southampton is not going to be available for 3 January 2006, the start of the world cruise. I know that some people don't find the VSOE worthwhile due to the price, but I love that train and it would have been my third VSOE trip, my partners second.

In the great scheme of things, it's a very minor disappointment; I just need to go and find that thread (which is around here somewhere) discussing travel between London and Southampton and make some decisions.

If anyone hears different information re: the boat train, I'd appreciate hearing about it.

Ken_W

After the traditional 10 day Christmas break and the extra January 2 New Year Bank Holiday, I'm afraid you may find services a little thin on the ground on January 3 !!!

KenC

The motorcoach transfer offered by Cunard from Victoria Coach Station will still be an option that day, or at least I hope it is. I learned last time that it would be a good idea to pack a lunch, as the coach left around noon and by the time it reached Southampton I was starving!

Archived