~Marseille info Needed~

cagirl96

Hello,

I am looking for exact info on how to get from the cruise port and walk to the petit train or take a bus from the cruise port to get to the petit train. We are looking to go to the Notre Dame.

We are on the MSC Splendida

Thank you so much

This page tells you how to get from the cruise terminal to the Old Port. http://www.marseille-provence.info/travel-rail-train-air-sea-road-motorways/boats-sea-ships-ferries-canals-rivers/385-marseille-cruise-ship-port.html

From the Old Port you can either take the petit train (little train) up to Notre Dame or a public bus.

Hello,

I am looking for exact info on how to get from the cruise port and walk to the petit train or take a bus from the cruise port to get to the petit train. We are looking to go to the Notre Dame.

We are on the MSC Splendida

Thank you so much

Hi Cagirl

That is exactly what we did in August. Our ship (Marina) provided a free shuttle for the 4 mile/15 minute ride to the Old Port area. It dropped us at the Centre Bourse, from where you walk almost straight ahead into the Old Port - maybe 100 yards ?

From there, as you look ahead to the Notre Dame de la Garde, high on hill in the distance, the Quai du Port, on your right with the Hotel de Ville, is the Petit Train's departure point. It's about 2/3 of the way down that side of the marina. Get your ticket there (€8 pp) from the booth. Trains leave every half hour or so so if you just miss one you can spend time walking around the marina - check out the fish market on Quai des Belges, near the metro station and the famous mirrored shelter and/or the Fort St Jean.

The 'train' takes about 25 minutes to get to and from the ND de la G, and you'll want about 30-40 minutes up there. I though the whole thing was great - you get a decent commentary on the train and the basilica itself is amazing.

All the best, Tony

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Cagirl

That is exactly what we did in August. Our ship (Marina) provided a free shuttle for the 4 mile/15 minute ride to the Old Port area. It dropped us at the Centre Bourse, from where you walk almost straight ahead into the Old Port - maybe 100 yards ?

From there, as you look ahead to the Notre Dame de la Garde, high on hill in the distance, the Quai du Port, on your right with the Hotel de Ville, is the Petit Train's departure point. It's about 2/3 of the way down that side of the marina. Get your ticket there (€8 pp) from the booth. Trains leave every half hour or so so if you just miss one you can spend time walking around the marina - check out the fish market on Quai des Belges, near the metro station and the famous mirrored shelter and/or the Fort St Jean.

The 'train' takes about 25 minutes to get to and from the ND de la G, and you'll want about 30-40 minutes up there. I though the whole thing was great - you get a decent commentary on the train and the basilica itself is amazing.

All the best, Tony

The video of all this

• 1 month later...

You might consider taking public bus to ND. The little train can be quite crowded and uncomfortable. There is a great bus from the old port all the way up the mountain. Only for EUR 1,50 (on the bus EUR 1,85).

• 2 months later...
The video of all this

Awesome video!!!!!

The $8 euros you mentioned PP is that each way or for the round trip back to Old Port?

I checked the website but couldn't find the info in English and unfortunately I only speak English:o

Thank you!!!

Awesome video!!!!!

The $8 euros you mentioned PP is that each way or for the round trip back to Old Port?

I checked the website but couldn't find the info in English and unfortunately I only speak English:o

Thank you!!!

Hi MikeNKim

The €8 is for the return trip, and we stayed about 40 minutes up at the Basilica.