Castaway / cabana questions

butterbread

We are going to hopefully have a cabana on the family beach for our first DCL cruise next spring.

A few questions!

- I see the cabana has seats/loungers >> are the cabanas directly on the beach, or are they a ways back?

- If we go down to the beach is there access to beach chairs there or do we have to wrangle ourselves some?

- Is food service included, or just cold drinks in the mini fridge?

- What other perks are there to having a cabana, aside from a quiet refuge from the crowds?

Thanks!

You are welcome to bring food back to your cabin, but they will not go and get lunch for you.

Check out the other post--basically you have a safe for valuables, a shower, and a private place with a "go-fer" to do your bidding...beverages, towels, etc. without the need to carry them, and a great level of privacy.

We are going to hopefully have a cabana on the family beach for our first DCL cruise next spring.

A few questions!

- I see the cabana has seats/loungers >> are the cabanas directly on the beach, or are they a ways back?

- If we go down to the beach is there access to beach chairs there or do we have to wrangle ourselves some?

- Is food service included, or just cold drinks in the mini fridge?

- What other perks are there to having a cabana, aside from a quiet refuge from the crowds?

Thanks!

They sell out VERY quick!

Depending on what mark you can do your check in they may be sold out.

Today is day 75 for our cruise..the day newbies can do their online check in and they are sold out already!

They sell out VERY quick!

Depending on what mark you can do your check in they may be sold out.

Today is day 75 for our cruise..the day newbies can do their online check in and they are sold out already!

Well, they tend to "sell out" as soon as they are available (120 days) for Concierge/Platinum CC members. But, keep an eye out (as in check every day - or twice a day), sometimes one will pop up as the cruise gets closer.

We are concierge so I put a request in....guess we will see if it goes through at 120days out. Can I request a certain one (not that I would know which one would be preferred!)

As Concierge, you can put your request in at 150 days. They don't actually open the bookings until 120 days, and Concierge gets first crack at them. Yes, you can request a specific number, if you wish. No guarantee you'll get it, though.

Oh, and you must be PIF in order to get the reservation.

Well, they tend to "sell out" as soon as they are available (120 days) for Concierge/Platinum CC members. But, keep an eye out (as in check every day - or twice a day), sometimes one will pop up as the cruise gets closer.

I second this. We managed to get the last one at 90-day Silver check-in for our January cruise. So yes, it really can happen!

My family must have been really lucky. When we went on our first cruise in 2011, I was able to book a cabana at 75 days out. I got one of the higher numbered cabanas that day. I was able to switch it to cabana #4 because I kept checking the website and someone freed it up so I grabbed it. We could have had two cabanas and it was our very first trip. Guess times have really changed.

My family must have been really lucky. When we went on our first cruise in 2011, I was able to book a cabana at 75 days out. I got one of the higher numbered cabanas that day. I was able to switch it to cabana #4 because I kept checking the website and someone freed it up so I grabbed it. We could have had two cabanas and it was our very first trip. Guess times have really changed.

Alot of people book one before they sell out even if they aren't 100% sure they want it. So yes, keep checking people change their mind all the time!

Reading this post, it looks like the Disney's cabanas are not on a "first come, first serve" basis?

I know on my last (Carnival) cruise the cabanas at Half Moon Cay were sold out, but I kept checking EVERY day, and two days before we sailed one became available!!! Lucky for us :D