Fresh Green Juice- on the Paleo diet- on the Breakaway?

simstar

Hi guys! I'm heading out on Nov 24th with my fav, and I am so excited. Just wondering if there is any place I am to get fresh juice (made of veggies) daily?

I'm 100% paleo now, so I need to figure out my best dining options~

Thanks!

There is a juice bar in the Garden Cafe buffet but I never saw the menu. I seriously doubt they would make green juice. My guess is it would be something far simpler like apple carrot.

Edited by kylenyc

In case you two aren't just joking :D Look up mean green juice or watch the "Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead" documentary on healing through juicing (free on hulu.com but with commercials)

Mean green juice - Granny smith apples, kale, celery, cucumber, lemon, ginger fed into a juice extractor.

Ben goes green

P1020017xs.jpg

Edited by kylenyc

[quote name=kylenyc;40646479

Mean green juice - Granny smith apples' date=' kale, celery, cucumber, lemon, ginger fed into a juice extractor.

[/quote]

If this is what OP is asking about, I would seriously doubt that it will available on the ship.

I would love to see a raw juice bar on a ship. We've been juicing for about a year and a half, and I really miss it when I sail.

Since you've gone paleo, I would suggest reaching out to the Food & Beverage Director, and see if there is an extractor onboard and how you could go about putting in a standing order for raw green juice. You may not be able to get all of the things you would put in it at home, but I'll bet they'll do what they can to accommodate you.

Please be sure to post your experience when you return!

TIA

;)

I would love to see a raw juice bar on a ship. We've been juicing for about a year and a half, and I really miss it when I sail.

Since you've gone paleo, I would suggest reaching out to the Food & Beverage Director, and see if there is an extractor onboard and how you could go about putting in a standing order for raw green juice. You may not be able to get all of the things you would put in it at home, but I'll bet they'll do what they can to accommodate you.

Please be sure to post your experience when you return!

TIA

;)

I hope to not come across as snarky, but I am sure that some will find this to be so.

As regards above, I know that this would be a request, but going Paleo is a lifestyle choice, vs true allergens that people have. (My daughter has a severe shellfish allergy. We carry an epi-pen and hole up in cabin on the much revered "lobster night".)

To take up the F&B Director's time to see if someone could have special juices made for them seems selfish (again, my opinion). There are multiple thousands of guests to be fed, as well as another 1,000 crewmembers a day. I'd prefer that said F&B director deal with life-threatening allergies/cross contamination issues rather than lifestyle choices. Heck, I prefer organic vanilla almond milk in my cereal but would never in a zillion years expect a cruise line to carry it for me! And if I was eating "all organic" I would not expect a cruise line to only serve me organic food.

Off my soapbox now.

Thanks guys.... I know some consider it "high-maintenance", but I just feel really good. I've been doing this for 2 months. And I know how I feel after I indulge in sugars, fats, dairy and processed foods. And I get it, cruises are known for great food... but some of choose not to eat like that. I'm not even asking for organic (not to say I'd prefer that!).

Trust me, alcohol will be present in my hand, and going down my throat. However, I would like to off-set it with atleast TRYING.. And BTW for all you non-believers.... Green juice is a great hang-over remedy.

"Youre going to starve".... hahaha.... I know! Prob!

For all those on the pro-juice, clean-eating side.... I say we suggest a cafe or something to NCL! More and more people are making this lifestyle choice!

I hope to not come across as snarky, but I am sure that some will find this to be so.

As regards above, I know that this would be a request, but going Paleo is a lifestyle choice, vs true allergens that people have. (My daughter has a severe shellfish allergy. We carry an epi-pen and hole up in cabin on the much revered "lobster night".)

To take up the F&B Director's time to see if someone could have special juices made for them seems selfish (again, my opinion). There are multiple thousands of guests to be fed, as well as another 1,000 crewmembers a day. I'd prefer that said F&B director deal with life-threatening allergies/cross contamination issues rather than lifestyle choices. Heck, I prefer organic vanilla almond milk in my cereal but would never in a zillion years expect a cruise line to carry it for me! And if I was eating "all organic" I would not expect a cruise line to only serve me organic food.

Off my soapbox now.

I don't find your post snarky at all. I completely understand your viewpoint, as I also have a shellfish allergy (along with several other food-related issues).

My suggestion was simply that the OP ask - not demand. Since I know that there are juice extractors onboard, it's not a far stretch to make a request of this nature at all. I do realize that it's a lifestyle choice, and I respect your viewpoint completely.

It's a shame that you hole-up in your cabin on Lobster Night. That would be the perfect night to book in Moderno - where there are no seafood offerings. :D

Thanks guys.... I know some consider it "high-maintenance", but I just feel really good. I've been doing this for 2 months. And I know how I feel after I indulge in sugars, fats, dairy and processed foods. And I get it, cruises are known for great food... but some of choose not to eat like that. I'm not even asking for organic (not to say I'd prefer that!).

Trust me, alcohol will be present in my hand, and going down my throat. However, I would like to off-set it with atleast TRYING.. And BTW for all you non-believers.... Green juice is a great hang-over remedy.

"Youre going to starve".... hahaha.... I know! Prob!

For all those on the pro-juice, clean-eating side.... I say we suggest a cafe or something to NCL! More and more people are making this lifestyle choice!

I agree. I would really love to see a raw juice bar onboard!

:)