Falmouth port to dunns river excursion

WWbytheSEA

Can anyone recommend a tour operator that will do just a Dunns River tour from Falmouth Port. I really want to get off the ship, go to Dunns River, do the falls and head back to the ship. Maybe throw in a quick lunch at Scotchies. Not interested in doing shopping, sightseeing, beach, blue hole.. really just the Falls and then back to the port. Cruise line (RCL) has an excursion called Dunns River Express. This tour is $70 per person and does a quick stop at Discovery Bay then to the Falls. Says its a 4 hour duration trip. 1 hour each way, plus 2 hours for the stop at Discovery Bay and doin the Falls. My issue not to do the ship excursion is that I don't know when it leaves port, when it gets back. The ship ports at 8AM, I need to be back in the port area by Noon. Could possibly do lunch somewhere in Falmouth port area. Any suggestions of tour operators that would just do the Falls and then bring me back to port??

• 2 weeks later...

Check out Mark Morris tours. We used him in March for a private tour to the falls, scotchies, river tubing and it was great! He can arrange whatever you want, check the website. It is an hour each way to the falls and plus driving time to scotchies. He's very informative and we will use him again.

Edited by mackmom

Can anyone recommend a tour operator that will do just a Dunns River tour from Falmouth Port. I really want to get off the ship, go to Dunns River, do the falls and head back to the ship. Maybe throw in a quick lunch at Scotchies. Not interested in doing shopping, sightseeing, beach, blue hole.. really just the Falls and then back to the port. Cruise line (RCL) has an excursion called Dunns River Express. This tour is $70 per person and does a quick stop at Discovery Bay then to the Falls. Says its a 4 hour duration trip. 1 hour each way, plus 2 hours for the stop at Discovery Bay and doin the Falls. My issue not to do the ship excursion is that I don't know when it leaves port, when it gets back. The ship ports at 8AM, I need to be back in the port area by Noon. Could possibly do lunch somewhere in Falmouth port area. Any suggestions of tour operators that would just do the Falls and then bring me back to port??

I just read a review from a guy who did the Dunns River Express Excursion thru Royal Caribbean. He seemed happy with it as he didn't want to do a 7 hour excursion - Here is a link to his review - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40493260&highlight=falmouth#post40493260 - Then post number #57

They didn't eat lunch at Scotchies though I don't think?

Hope this helps!

Cindy

Edited by wrcjr98

I just read a review from a guy who did the Dunns River Express Excursion thru Royal Caribbean. He seemed happy with it as he didn't want to do a 7 hour excursion - Here is a link to his review - http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=40493260&highlight=falmouth#post40493260 - Then post number #57

They didn't eat lunch at Scotchies though I don't think?

Hope this helps!

Cindy

Tremendously -- Thank you Cindy:)

• 2 weeks later...
Do you think a 5 year old and an 8 year old are too young to climb Dunns River?

IMO , I think the 8 year old would be OK but 5 is a little young for the Dunns River experience. There are many areas to get out along the route though if you wanted to give it a go. Water will be deep in some sections for a 5 year old. Do an Internet search on Dunns River. They have a website which will give you some pics and more info to help you make an informed decision. Have a great time....

Just returned from Jamaica with our 9 year old. She is very small - 48 inches, 52 pounds. She LOVED is - no problems at all - we had to keep reminding her to stop going too far ahead. She also did it with us at age 4. She loved it then also, but needed a little help in a few spots. IMHO - great excursion for their ages. We had a spectacular driver. His name is Noel - he will pick up at any of the ports. He is very friendly and reasonably priced. It is so nice to have a private driver for just your family. We like to stop for photos if we see something interesting and don't want to be rushed at attractions.

Check out Mark Morris tours. We used him in March for a private tour to the falls, scotchies, river tubing and it was great! He can arrange whatever you want, check the website. It is an hour each way to the falls and plus driving time to scotchies. He's very informative and we will use him again.

If you haven't decided on anyone yet, I would look into Mark. We used him last year and he was great!

Mark really disappointed us this trip. We reserved with him and were excited for our day. When we arrived he loaded us in a hot van and told us he had to walk back to the pier to meet another party of 3 or 4. We got so tired waiting, I walked back an saw him soliciting random people to try to fill his bus. Clearly he did not walk back to meet another scheduled group. He then told me we also needed to stop in Ocho Rios to pick up more people. Our group of 6 wasted 45 minutes and decided to go with Steve. So glad we did - we had an amazing day!