self debarkation question

osucruise

If I need to do self debarkation do I need tell anyone beforehand? Also, can I go down to main lobby or dining room to get off early (room on Deck 6 and I assume the elevators will be packed)? just have a close flight to make.

We have done self assist our last 7 cruises, and love the option. The only thing we did was hand our luggage tags back to the Cabin Steward, as you don't need them for self assist, and let him/her know your bags will be in the cabin while you are up eating breakfast. As long as they are aware of your plans, they can organize their cleaning route that morning.

Just keep your bags in your room until you are ready to go (I'm assuming you are doing this to leave the ship early ?) and then head to the gangway when you hear the call for self-assist debarkation. Simple. :)

There's no real need to let anyone know your plans. This past august, we grabbed a quick bite with our luggage in the stateroom, then went to get our luggage before the call. We took the stairs (one suitcase pp) and then got on line.

The wait can seem long while you are on the line. But in reality it often takes us 20 or less (CCL as well as NCL) to get onto the street!

For us, self assist works. But I notice it can seem cumbersome for those cruisers who pack heavy. Whatever you chose to do...have a great cruise!

We used it on our last cruise and will do so again in the future. We were heading towards to designated area when a couple of staff members spotted us, asked it we wanted off the ship NOW, waved us over to a service elevator and straight down. We were off the ship and through customs in about 5 minutes. Best debarkation EVER. The time saved hunting for our luggage was worth it, even without the express service by the crew. We were out quickly, got to Budget and picked up our rental car, and made it to Universal Studios by about 9:30am.