Question on upgrading after final payment.

jenniebnyc

Could anyone shed some light on the following:

We have a AQ1 booked on Reflection for January 11 sailing. We were able to get the free classic beverage package as part of 123 Go (or whatever it's called). I noticed that Suite Guarantee is only $1438 pp and am interested in booking this now. Question is, can I book and still keep my free drink package? Full payment was already due on the sailing. How does this all work? Please advise and thanks.

I'd call and check. I was offered a suite gty after final payment last week and the customer service agent said I could keep my free beverage package. It all depends on the rate. Call and check.

When you say you "were offered", did Celebrity call you? :confused:

I am noticing that there are some subtle price reductions on my two upcoming cruises in March and May 2014. I can't see where they are a special rate, as I checked the pricing without a Senior or Resident discount. We booked onboard another cruise and received some OBC and the PYP Promo. I am going to call Celebrity CC today and see if we can get the lower rate without losing our perks. We would only save probably about $300 or $400 total, but cash is cash. :D

One of the cruises has a CC2 available for less than our 2C - Sweet 16 stateroom I have booked with my daughters to the Caribbean. I believe we will stay with the 2C and reap the benefits of the larger balcony versus a few extra inches in stateroom width. I am Elite, so the other perks of CC do not sway me. This same cruise is offering our 2C for $146 less for the 3 of us. Hey, that's $146 that I can spend on drinks since only two of us get the Beverage Package perk. ;)

If the pricing is under a special promotion...like senior, resident or exciting deals, then you cannot take your beverage package with you. The beverage package (or OBC or air credit, depending on which promotion you booked under and which you selected) is only attached to what was Five Star pricing and now is probably called Standard rate.

So if the category to which you are upgrading is priced under a standard rate, then you can more than likely take your package or other perk with you. But if it's any other special, then no, you would give it up.

When you say you "were offered", did Celebrity call you? :confused:

I am noticing that there are some subtle price reductions on my two upcoming cruises in March and May 2014. I can't see where they are a special rate, as I checked the pricing without a Senior or Resident discount. We booked onboard another cruise and received some OBC and the PYP Promo. I am going to call Celebrity CC today and see if we can get the lower rate without losing our perks. We would only save probably about $300 or $400 total, but cash is cash. :D

One of the cruises has a CC2 available for less than our 2C - Sweet 16 stateroom I have booked with my daughters to the Caribbean. I believe we will stay with the 2C and reap the benefits of the larger balcony versus a few extra inches in stateroom width. I am Elite, so the other perks of CC do not sway me. This same cruise is offering our 2C for $146 less for the 3 of us. Hey, that's $146 that I can spend on drinks since only two of us get the Beverage Package perk. ;)

They sent me an email and I called.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Could anyone shed some light on the following:

We have a AQ1 booked on Reflection for January 11 sailing. We were able to get the free classic beverage package as part of 123 Go (or whatever it's called). I noticed that Suite Guarantee is only $1438 pp and am interested in booking this now. Question is, can I book and still keep my free drink package? Full payment was already due on the sailing. How does this all work? Please advise and thanks.

We were booked in AQ on our wine cruise in October, and had the comp classic bev package. We upgraded to the premium, and booked a speciality Oz Clarke wine dinner before we were due to leave.

3 days before sailing, I noticed that all the categories of stateroom were showing availability, and that a suite gtee was not much more expensive than we had paid. I rang Celebrity, and was able to upgrade to the gtee suite, and also kept my bev package, and everything else was merely transferred over. I was warned that I might not get my suite allocation in time to print off new docs etc, but these could be sorted at the port. We did get our allocation that same day, which was a Celebrity Suite - so we were very, very happy.

I'd definitely give them a ring - it may be that the rules are different in the US with the 123go promo, but it's definitely worth a phone call.

Good luck :)

Lou