exercises classes on NCL majesty

smr01f

If they have the same fitness director as they do on the Charleston - Carribean run, then yes and they are awesome. Kristen is the name of the fitness director and she is so much fun. She does morning "walk-a-miles" and yoga and her kick boxing class is super fun. :)

NCL has this program called "Motion on the Ocean" and they give you this little punch card when you participate and if you get ten marks on the card, you get a free t-shirt at the end of the cruise. (I only got six marks last year but hopefully this year I'll do better :p )

The fitness program is one of the things we enjoy most on a cruise - we have to work off all of that wonderful food! NCL usually has a very good program. Lara on the Wind was excellent. Now I have to tell you that on our cruise last month on the Majesty we were extremely dissappointed. Of 16 listed activities on the fitness schedule 12 were either lectures or $10pp charge yoga or pilates. Only 4 were actual free fitness activities. MaryAnn was the director and she was also doing another job so she may not have had time to schedule more. There was also a running clinic on board so that may have added to a reduced schedule. I hope this isn't a total trend that NCL is going with. We were dissappointed with some other things too and NCL has been our favorite line. We haven't sailed with any one else for a while and the next cruise we are looking at is on another line. It will be interesting to compare. Will this stop us from sailing NCL again? Probably not because they do offer wonderful deals and great itineraries. I guess we will just do what we did on the Majesty and have our own fitness program.

I have the dailies from May that someone else posted a link to, they have:

Sun - orientation

Mon - walk, yoga $10, freestyle body sculpting, pilates intro, burn fat fast seminar, pilates $10, sunset meditation

Tue - walk, step class, the zone seminar, yoga $10, pilates $10, 2.5 mile hike

Wed - walk, sunset walk, 20/20

Thu - walk, body sculpting, sunset walk

Fri - walk, water volleyball, improve health seminar, freestyle aerobic, yoga $10, sunset meditation

Sat - walk, freestyle cardio, freestyle yoga $10, detox weight loss, pilates $10, sunset walk, 20/20

I might have missed some but there are also dance lessons and a TON of dancing, so I can't imagine anybody missing out on exercise :)

Sarah,

We are leaving this Sunday with Fifty of my closest relatives. I don't have anything ready yet . I will definetly be packing MOTRIN with all the family going.LOL

smr01f

Archived