Carnival not offering early saver rate

tgr51698

We've taken advantage of the Early Saver rate in the past from Carnival and are looking to book a cruise for May 2014. We've been unable to find any early saver rates. I called Carnival today only to find out that they are not offering that rate right now. The rep could not tell me why they are not being offered, just that they're not right now, and that the pricing is up to the mysterious "pricing people." I had heard just recently that Carnival switched to 3 basic pricing levels -- Early Saver, Super Saver and Fun Select. Now wondering why I'm not seeing these choices. Anyone else having the same issue?

We've taken advantage of the Early Saver rate in the past from Carnival and are looking to book a cruise for May 2014. We've been unable to find any early saver rates. I called Carnival today only to find out that they are not offering that rate right now. The rep could not tell me why they are not being offered, just that they're not right now, and that the pricing is up to the mysterious "pricing people." I had heard just recently that Carnival switched to 3 basic pricing levels -- Early Saver, Super Saver and Fun Select. Now wondering why I'm not seeing these choices. Anyone else having the same issue?

I never saw and ES rate for our February cruise either. My PVP says ES rates are not ususally offered - if there are other promotions.

Right now they are offering the military and friends and family rates instead. :rolleyes:

Carnival is really cutting back on offering the ES rate. I'm guess if it's a popular cruise and/or selling well ES will only be offered when they first list the cruise (or perhaps not at all).

If/When the do offer it for other cruises, it won't be for long. I have a Dec. 2014 booked. Recently it was only offered for 3 days (then went poof) and it was $100 more per cabin for ES. I changed rates to ES anyway.

I don't know if this might help you, but it's worth a try to see if you can find suitable dates for your travel:

http://www.carnival.com/specials/early-saver.aspx?icid=CC_Footer_566

Good luck.

I'm looking at several different cruises from FLL & MIA for January 2015. All of them have Early Saver, Military (which we qualify for), and Past Guest w/ upgrades + the Fun Select or whatever it's called. I was pleased to see the price has dropped a little from when I first started looking at them 10/4/13.

Going to be prepared to book onboard when we cruise January 2014.

Carnival does not offer Early Saver when one of their "sales" are running. In fact, it's rarely seen anymore (excluding 2015 dates). I waited for it to reappear from May through August so I could book my January cruise and it never did. Every time they extend a sale or start a new one then they don't have to show ES rates. The last sale ended on October 31st and the ES rates for May 2014 were there for about 3 days before they started another sale and now they are gone again. My suggestion would be to know exactly what you want to book and wait for this current sale to end. The ES rates will probably show up but only for a few days before they start another "sale/promotion". You really have to be on top of your game as the window to book ES is VERY small!

I booked my cruise next cruise months ago for March. Still no ES rate. There has been one promotional rate after another....just so we cannot book the ES rate.

That's ok, I never expected the prices to drop on my Spring Break cruise anyways lol. Would have been nice, and it would have given me something "cruise" related to do while waiting for my vacation.

I think once this current sale ends, on Sunday, we SHOULD see ES rates again, even though it will probably be for a short time. They are definitely not getting rid of it, however, it is definitely not offered as frequently as it was in the past.:mad:

Just checked with a fake booking for my cruise and early saver is back up. It's $30 more than my current guest appreciation rate (for same type cabin and deck). Debating if I should switch and pay $30 extra so I can price guarantee until I cruise or stick with my current rate and only price guarantee until final payment.....thoughts???

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Carnival is really cutting back on offering the ES rate. I'm guess if it's a popular cruise and/or selling well ES will only be offered when they first list the cruise (or perhaps not at all).

If/When the do offer it for other cruises, it won't be for long. I have a Dec. 2014 booked. Recently it was only offered for 3 days (then went poof) and it was $100 more per cabin for ES. I changed rates to ES anyway.

I have an Early Saver rate on the cruise I'm scheduled on for October 5th, 2014 out of New Orleans. I know it's not offered now, but I because it was sold out (is my understanding).

Just checked with a fake booking for my cruise and early saver is back up. It's $30 more than my current guest appreciation rate (for same type cabin and deck). Debating if I should switch and pay $30 extra so I can price guarantee until I cruise or stick with my current rate and only price guarantee until final payment.....thoughts???

You should switch to ES ... then immediately submit the ES form to match against the Guest Appreciation sale.

Best of both worlds! I did this on my last cruise. The rep on the phone thought I was crazy to want to switch to a rate that costs more, but there was a method to my madness!

Good luck!

Jenn :)

You should switch to ES ... then immediately submit the ES form to match against the Guest Appreciation sale.

Best of both worlds! I did this on my last cruise. The rep on the phone thought I was crazy to want to switch to a rate that costs more, but there was a method to my madness!

Good luck!

Jenn :)

Very good suggestion.

I'm looking at cruises for January 2015 and ES is offered on all of them. I'm preparing so I know what 2 cruises to book while on our B2B this next January.

So they will lower the ES rate to your current rate? The ES rate does not include "free" upgrades so its more to be on a higher deck that we are already booked.

No, not quite ...first you will call to switch to ES and agree to pay more.

Then, immediately after you switch - go on the website to the ES form, and submit the form to request a price match to the sale rate.

They will then update your rate to the sale rate, sending you a new email confirmation with the new lower rate. At that point, you're still ES, and you always got the lowest price.

It's good to do a screen grab of Fare Viewer showing the price you found as a backup.

I booked my Nov. 2014 cruise during one of their sales, got a decent deal but really would've liked to have ES. The deal I got has some restrictions about price drops, according to my PVP. I can get price drops until final payment date, after that, I'm screwed. I'm thinking they are trying to limit or phase out ES. I don't know how many times I've seen a post about a price drop, go check mine and file for it if there is one. The last 7 day cruise I took, we had almost $600 in OBC, most of which I got after the final payment date. I don't have that option now. Are they hoping we will up our S&S budget to account for less OBC which would mean more money in their coffers? Usually when I book a cruise, I have a certain budget for the whole package. If I get a deal on the cruise, I spend more onboard, not as good of deal, less onboard spending. Wonder if they hope I will go over budget to keep my onboard spending the same?

Just my thoughts on this.

We booked our May 2014 cruise while on our last cruise (end of this past September). At the time they did not offer the ES rate due to other specials going on but last month I was able to catch it online and change it over to the ES. I check quite a lot andd have found that the ES rate comes and goes quickly now. I noticed it was up again today though when I pulled up prices so you can still grab it.

We're doing the Breeze over Labor Day 2014. We booked Friends and Family also but as soon as that promotion ended, the Early Saver was up. I've been working with my PVP for about 8 years now so she knew that I would want it the minute it came up. She booked me in the ES and sure enough, about a week later, poof, it was gone!! That's alright because I am locked into ES now!! I've already gotten a price adjustment (not time for final payment yet so it comes off the bottom line) of $60. Glad I watch prices like a hawk also because that $60 adjustment has now gone back up. I've been using ES for about 4 years now and never sailed with less than $200 OBC and the best was about $450 or so. Love ES!! Keep watching your prices at least once a day (I usually check twice) and grab it if you see it. It's sure not to last long.