Just made Platinum, but in error I think, what would you do?

Day91

I just got off the Royal Princess yesterday, I got a Platinum pin

And welcome letter in my cabin. This was my 4th Princess cruise.

But did sail solo in my cabin. It too thought it was strange, but

I'm going to accept my "Platinum" status.

I also sailed solo, for the benefit of getting 2 cruise credits. Welcome to platinum!

Same thing happened to us. My husband had one more cruise that I did. We took those elite perks one cruise early! But it did bother me that he got his black card before me! :p

But I did make him use his card whenever paying for something so we could "show off" the black card.

Just silly stuff. Nothing too serious on this thread.

(But in the end I got him back sort of. End up "having" to take a cruise without him to get our numbers realligned. Unfortunately it was the Sandy cruise out of NYC!!! :eek:)

So now I see I've made Platinum. OK, I'm the guy who takes 50 cents back to the grocery checker the next week because he received too much change.

As you can see, you are one of the very few honest people here. The vast majority of the posts are just take the benefit and say nothing. I would call and inquire. If nothing changes, then use the benefit with a clear conscience.

I was also double credited for our first cruise and so I'm one ahead of my wife. As we checked in for our second cruise I mentioned that to the agent and she didn't seem to care so I left it at that.

We're now both legitimate Platinum but we got Internet usage one cruise early.

After our first (Crown) Princess sailing several years ago, I noticed that for some reason it was being counted as two cruises. It wasn't a suite or early booking, but no big deal, I thought, I'd like to sail Princess again but who knows. Then came the Ruby and CB, and now just back from the lovely Royal.

So now I see I've made Platinum. OK, I'm the guy who takes 50 cents back to the grocery checker the next week because he received too much change. But with this Platinum "membership", it just doesn't feel the same. I don't think the perks are that significant, and I can just see myself getting into a "no good deed goes unpunished" kind an administrative run around.

But I want to do the right thing, at least in a collective Cruise Critic opinion kind of a way. Any thoughts?

So, you have one cruise credit more than you believe you're entitled? Well, on your next cruise you will be entitled then wouldn't you? Why not just voluntarily forgo the extra benefits for one cruise? Just pretend you're not platinum for one cruise, then all will equal out.

That would mean not using the Preferred Check In, Disembarkation Lounge, or the Internet minutes. The Cruise Atlas would arrive anyway after your next cruise.

So, you have one cruise credit more than you believe you're entitled? Well, on your next cruise you will be entitled then wouldn't you? Why not just voluntarily forgo the extra benefits for one cruise? Just pretend you're not platinum for one cruise, then all will equal out.

That would mean not using the Preferred Check In, Disembarkation Lounge, or the Internet minutes. The Cruise Atlas would arrive anyway after your next cruise.

And on his first Elite cruise, I will take custody of the minibar setup and see that it is disposed of appropriately.

Three cruises ago I was Platinum, two cruises ago I was Elite then on the last one they put me back to Platinum, my next one I will be back to Elite apparently.

It seems they added a P&O cruise by mistake when they merged the CC UK database to the US one. They do make mistakes but in my case it was corrected without incident.