Tenerife Mini Review

DragonOfTheSeas

We will not be there long either, if you had to pick one area to see, which did you like the best? My mother is not a good walker....

Thanks

I think I would do a tour of the island that uses a guide. You would both see more and have to walk less. Also, I would try to arrange this before you go. There was one information deck in the cruise terminal. [very small terminal] But, I did not see vendors offering tours as you do in the Caribbean. There could have been some--but, I did not see them.

We had several people with us that had limited mobility. They had no trouble with the little bit of walking we did in La Laguana. During the one area in La Oratavo we had to walk, she hired a taxi [which she paid for] to get the 4 non-walkers to the top of the hill to the House of the Balconies. While we walked the botanical garden area she had them transported back down to the city square where we met them. I could not believe she did all of this for us.

If you do not want to do a tour--I would do the Hop On Hop Off bus if you want to stay in the city. Our table mates did this and visited several locations in the city, including a fort near the pier.

I would use Patsy as a tour guide. She is one of the best we have ever had.

Edited by DragonOfTheSeas
I got my islands confused :) Sorry, this is correct

• 2 months later...
I have contacted Patsy and she would like the name of the organizer of your tour. Can you email me at: cruisebabe1 at live dot com. I would really appreciate it as I'm trying to get a group together for our cruise in May. :)

You have mail. :)

Thanks for the review! We will be disembarking in Tenerife and spend 3 days there. Looks pretty special!

It is on our list for places we want to visit again.:D Have a good trip.