Brilliance or Liberty

I just looked over the options for the western caribbean itinerary we want and it looks like our choices come down to Brilliance or Liberty of the Seas.

Which do you like best and why?

My husband likes the advertised chains on Liberty which I don't see on Brilliance. The port for Brilliance is a closer than Miami but that's not a deal breaker for us if it's worth it to do Liberty.

I am a posting maniac today! Sorry if you get tired of my screen name popping up!

We were looking at the same options, and we picked Liberty, as there is so much more to do on the Liberty then the Brilliance. Ice show, Flow rider, rock climbing wall, Saturday Night Fever in the theater, plus more pools, hot tubs and dining options made it a pretty easy decision.

We got cheap flights to Orlando, so we either had to go to Tampa, Port Canaveral or Ft. Lauderdale, and it was worth it to drive to FLL and get on the Liberty as we are so used to the larger ships, it would be hard to go back to a ship with less to offer than the Liberty has, even though the Brilliance is a beautiful ship and a great connection to the sea with all of the glass on the ship.:D

Good luck with your decision as you will have a great time no matter what ship you choose, everybody likes different things about what ship will make their vacation amazing!:D:D:D

Keith

I am wondering too since it's a bigger ship if I would have more of a chance getting a last minute balcony because there are more of them overall or it would lower my chances since it's probably in higher demand?

Our cruise at the end of January still has a lot of rooms left, and are hoping for a price drop so we can upgrade to maybe a Junior Suite. I've heard of some pretty nice deals closer to sail time for the Liberty!

Keith

I've been on Brilliance, and I've been on a Freedom-class ship (Freedom of the Seas) and I have to say, I prefer a smaller ship. I'm not saying that Brilliance is tiny, but it is more "intimate" than a larger ship. Either way, you are going to have a ball! Sailing on Jewel in February.

Elvis