Bummed about FTTF

beckyk329

Just booked our next cruise a few hour ago. :D Went immediatley to book FTTF, (before I had even received my booking confirmation email) and it was SOLD OUT!:(

My first thought was to cancel and continue the hunt. Stupid thought, I know. Our last two cruises we had it and thought it was fantastic. I'm just completely bummed.

For the question part of this post... Anyone have any luck with having FTTF open up? I've heard if they don't get enough plats. booked they will. (a call to c.s. told me otherwise though) Just keeping my fingers crossed I might still have a shot.

Just booked our next cruise a few hour ago. :D Went immediatley to book FTTF, (before I had even received my booking confirmation email) and it was SOLD OUT!:(

My first thought was to cancel and continue the hunt. Stupid thought, I know. Our last two cruises we had it and thought it was fantastic. I'm just completely bummed.

For the question part of this post... Anyone have any luck with having FTTF open up? I've heard if they don't get enough plats. booked they will. (a call to c.s. told me otherwise though) Just keeping my fingers crossed I might still have a shot.

Some may open up later.

Agree in them opening up. Booked in July for Mar '14 cruise and no FTTF. Then in Oct someone posted here or on FB that a few (6 or 8) were available.

Just be diligent and you can ask in your roll call. Perhaps someone notices before you and spreads the word. I would guess of the 8 openings, most if not all were purchased by those in our group. :-)

Don't give up! We have two cabins on our January cruise that we booked September and was sold out when we booked. One fttf opened up at the end of October and we got that one then another opened up last week and we were able to get it for my parents cabin. Check every day! They do become available.

Don't give up! We have two cabins on our January cruise that we booked September and was sold out when we booked. One fttf opened up at the end of October and we got that one then another opened up last week and we were able to get it for my parents cabin. Check every day! They do become available.

Like you I have 2 rooms and only one FTTF. I look every day and its still sold out and we are 59 days until we cruise. I hope one opens up. If not, I read there is a chance, since we are family on the same S&S account (me, DH, DD, DS, DS) that we may be able to check in together. I'd rather spend the $50 then take the chance.

Uninformed...have not sailed with this option...is it 50 per person..or 50 per cabin or 50 for first 2 only in a cabin for this? Does a solo have to pay 100 dollars to get it? Thanks..sarah

OP..have some good vibes about it opening up if you check regularly..keeping my fingers crossed...sarah

Uninformed...have not sailed with this option...is it 50 per person..or 50 per cabin or 50 for first 2 only in a cabin for this? Does a solo have to pay 100 dollars to get it? Thanks..sarah

OP..have some good vibes about it opening up if you check regularly..keeping my fingers crossed...sarah

Per cabin...

Whether there's 2, 3 or 4 in the cabin!!

I have seen it open up 30 days or so out on each of our past 3 cruises. I would guess that it is offered only after an assessment of the number of platinum/diamond bookings and how many additional early boardings / immediate cabin availability openings can be accommodated.

Per cabin...

Whether there's 2, 3 or 4 in the cabin!!

Thanks Sharon B.

...I do understand the issue for people who have earned the privledge..i guess they are policing the amount as some can not buy and has to open up, which helps,..and as a solo..well i miss out and pay alot of next guys fee and get inundated by too many people around feelings at times. We also can be pushed to bad corner sometimes...LOL... 25 a head or something after first 2.. see where this may help...thanks again...Sarah:D:):o

PS...Happy sailing on Your "Big Birthday" Cruise.. love, Sarah 54 last Oct..goes sooooo fast!!

Edited by sjn911

Cruising on Freedom on Dec 5th - been checking every day in the morning and afternoon since booked and still 'sold out'....

Had the luck of using it on Victory in Sep and enjoyed the ability of dropping bags off in room - it's a small thing I know but we love it and are spoiled now.