Embarkation Emails and FTTF

wido78

I have seen a few posts lately about an email that members have received prior to their cruise which advises them to not show up until 1pm for one reason or another.

Well... We just got a similar email and I was curious as to what the real impact has been as it relates to FTTF and the timing for when people are actually able to get on board.

We are scheduled to sail the Breeze on Sunday and have transportation scheduled to pick us up from our hotel in FLL at 10am. The email says not to get there until 1pm. I am stubborn and going to show up whenever the driver gets us there, but was curious as to other's experiences.

Thanks in advance

I have seen a few posts lately about an email that members have received prior to their cruise which advises them to not show up until 1pm for one reason or another.

Well... We just got a similar email and I was curious as to what the real impact has been as it relates to FTTF and the timing for when people are actually able to get on board.

We are scheduled to sail the Breeze on Sunday and have transportation scheduled to pick us up from our hotel in FLL at 10am. The email says not to get there until 1pm. I am the day before our stubborn and going to show up whenever the driver gets us there, but was curious as to other's experiences.

Thanks in advance

We got the same e-mail for our last cruise with FTTF. Showed up at 10:30, on the ship at 11:00.

Stubborn works for me too....

We received that email.

We were on Conquest last week and got to port around 10 - the place was packed.

While we were waiting for FTTF boarding, our CD came out to pump everyone up and asked 'how many of you received the email asking you not to come to port until 1:00?' lol

Some raised their hands and people laughed and then he laughed and said 'yeah, that's what I thought'.

He explained the boarding process,and we were on our way.

btw, FTTF check-in was seamless - we did online check-in too, so that was helpful.

It's a computer generated e-mail that goes out to everybody that's on the manifest for that cruise. It has no idea of whether or not you have bought FTTF. Just ignore it.

Hopefully most cruisers follow the rule about not going to your cabin till 1:30, except for Diamond/Platinum/FTTF.

However, this rule can be ignored. They are trying to spread out embarkation. New cruisers probably do not know better so CCL hopes they'll comply with this email.