Snorkeling in Curacao vs. Cozumel - Hubby won't do both

tbmrt

We have both Curacao and Cozumel ports on our upcoming cruise. I can't get hubby to commit to 2 snorkeling days unfortunately so I'm forced to choose!

I'm considering either shore snorkeling at Porte Marie or Laguna Beach in Curacao OR a snorkeling boat trip in Cozumel to El Cielo, Colombia Shallow, Palancar Gardens and La Francesa or Santa Rosa reefs.

What would you advise?

Thanks so much.

PS I'm also a bit concerned about water temperature in Cozumel in early December also (no wetsuits).

We have both Curacao and Cozumel ports on our upcoming cruise. I can't get hubby to commit to 2 snorkeling days unfortunately so I'm forced to choose!

I'm considering either shore snorkeling at Porte Marie or Laguna Beach in Curacao OR a snorkeling boat trip in Cozumel to El Cielo, Colombia Shallow, Palancar Gardens and La Francesa or Santa Rosa reefs.

What would you advise?

Thanks so much.

PS I'm also a bit concerned about water temperature in Cozumel in early December also (no wetsuits).

No contest. Cozumel with Eagle Ray:

http://www.eagleraydivers.com/snorkeling_caribbean.htm

Go with the longer trip for off shore reefs.. The short two reef goes to near shore reefs.

We have snorkeled both and just did a dive in Cozumel a few weeks ago. You are in luck the snorkeling from shore is very good at both so you can't go wrong, that being said. We would book a excursion in Cozumel AND just snorkel from shore at Porto Marie.

So if you book a excursion at Cozumel you can still try to get the hubby to change his mind just wing it at Porto Marie from shore and have a great time.

We have snorkeled both and just did a dive in Cozumel a few weeks ago. You are in luck the snorkeling from shore is very good at both so you can't go wrong, that being said. We would book a excursion in Cozumel AND just snorkel from shore at Porto Marie.

So if you book a excursion at Cozumel you can still try to get the hubby to change his mind just wing it at Porto Marie from shore and have a great time.

Did you take a taxi from the port to Porto Marie? If so, cost?

Thanks

Barbara