Upgrade after final payment.

Hflors

I'm booked on the Dec 9th Zuiderdam. I have been watching the prices drop since final payment. When CAT VD went down below what I had paid for a VH guar. I e-mailed my TA. I know its past final payment and I know HAL will not refund the difference, but I thought what the heck. TA e-mailed me back that they have upgraded me from the VH guar. to a VD guar. (yes I know the VD is still less now than what I paid for the VH) but at least its something. The TA said that hopefully I will now get a nice upgrade even higher. Fingers are crossed, but even if it doesn't happen I am still happy that HAL let me upgrade. Who knows maybe I'll be offered an upssell to a suite! hehe!

We had a similar experience for our Dec. 8 cruise on the NA. We had booked a VF guarantee and a price drop occurred after final payment. Called our TA and were able to pick a VC cabin we are very happy with. Don't know if we will be considered for further upgrade as we now have a cabin number assigned to our booking. Does anyone else have experience with this? Did you get an upgrade after your cabin number was assigned?

Did you get an upgrade after your cabin number was assigned?
Yes, on the NA. At 11 days out we were assigned a C (from an H gty) and then 3 days out we were re-assigned to a deck 8 V. My DBiL and DSiL, on their first HAL cruise, went from an H gty to an E initially, and then at 3 days out were given a VE. This was on a 12 day East Med r/t out of Venice, and we really enjoyed those balconies at H prices! :D Edited by catl331