Just booked a cruise with strange times in San Juan

LiseD

We are in San Juan from 3pm to 10pm with our 20 year old twin girls. Not used to having such late shore times! We have been to San Juan before but it has been a while! What do you all recommend? Walking around old town? having a nice dinner somewhere? Would love some suggestions!

We are in San Juan from 3pm to 10pm with our 20 year old twin girls. Not used to having such late shore times! We have been to San Juan before but it has been a while! What do you all recommend? Walking around old town? having a nice dinner somewhere? Would love some suggestions!

Walk around the town, go to the old sidewalk below El Morrow and at Sunset be at the grassy area by El Morrow. Beautiful. Go to Vaca Brava for supper!! YUMMY! Shops stay open when the ships are there, so shopping is always an option.

Nole0202 as a fellow Seminole I love your avatar! Thanks for the info on San Juan. We will be in port there in December - just after we go the the ACC championship game!

baseball_logo.jpg.ec90bab2465df91ef25dad26ae02be8f.jpg

Edited by bcommander1
Trying to get avatar to display

We are also on a cruise with those strange times and looking for something to do. We are on the Celebrity Reflection cruise which departs Miami on Jan. 11, 2014. We are a group of 17, and trying to find something that everyone will enjoy. A few of the folks are older and have trouble walking. Maybe a sightseeing tour followed by an excellent dinner? Any suggestions are welcomed and appreciated!

I was on a cruise that stopped in SJ from 5 to midnight, but by time we got off the ship, it was already getting dark and the tours to the forts were closed. I quickly zipped around the port area, and grabbed a bite to eat. I had booked the 'flamingo' show for 9:00 through the cruise line. It was great. Got back on the ship about 11:15 pm.

If you have 20 year old twins, there is a Senor Frog very close to the port ... I'm sure they would enjoy that fun :p.

LiseD, PR is beautiful no matter what time your there. We've visited PR for vacation with our kids and our FAVORITE thing that we did was a trip to Bio-Bay, it was amazing and definitely something to experience if you can. Check out bio-bay on line somewhere and you'll want to do it & you have to do it at night. Good luck.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

Nole0202 as a fellow Seminole I love your avatar! Thanks for the info on San Juan. We will be in port there in December - just after we go the the ACC championship game!

Great!

Us too, on Monday 9 December with the same odd times as the OP.

This has been a great Fall, hopefully you were able to attend one of the games.

SJ is one of the best cities in the Americas. This will be our 3rd year going there.

Let me know if you are looking for other options. There are many excellent restaurants. If you are willing to take a short taxi to the beach, try La Playita. It is one of the most romantic spots for lunch or dinner. It is small and sits out over the ocean.

LiseD, PR is beautiful no matter what time your there. We've visited PR for vacation with our kids and our FAVORITE thing that we did was a trip to Bio-Bay, it was amazing and definitely something to experience if you can. Check out bio-bay on line somewhere and you'll want to do it & you have to do it at night. Good luck.

Pay It Forward. Be kind.

Totally agree with the Bio-Bay for your kids! :)

LuLu

~~~~