FTTF already sold out?

carnival03

We were really looking forward to purchasing FFTF. Just for all the perks. The cruise is in mid-April 2014, 150 days from now, and it's already sold out! What? Is it just not available yet or is it already sold out? Has anyone ever been able to get it after it being sold out? Maybe someone canceling?

Yes, just keep checking. FTTF was sold out for months for our Breeze cruise this coming February. about 4-6 weeks ago it opened up again. It was sold out again after 3-4 days.

Thanks for the info. I will for sure be checking up on it. Sounds like a great program.

How can you tell how many are left?

I just log onto the website and into my booking. It is an excursion for the embarkation port. Just choose FTTF and add it to your cart. It will tell you how many are left. I booked directly through Carnival so I don't know if it might be different if you booked through a TA.

Thanks! I found it, says 14 are left. I think it resets to 15 after 15 are sold.

I don't think we'll purchase it on our cruise, my ship doesn't leave until 10:00 pm so we don't need to rush the ship and have access early, plus none of my stops are tenders. If were were tendering two or three stops, then it would pay for itself.

Really, why buy it? We were just on the Liberty and at 11:45AM there was no wait to board. Walked in the terminal and was at the desk in under 2 minutes. We were then lead right on the ship. For tendering in belize we had a high numer (I think it was 31). We just walked down to deck zero and said we were late for our excursion and were told to get right on the next tender. Grand Cayman we did the same.

If it was explained to me correctly, the number of FTTF slots is also based on how many Platinum loyalty members are on a particular sailing. Those members automatically get the perks that FTTF offers and if there are a lot of those people on a sailing the FTTF is limited to 15 slots. If it is a larger ship there will initially be 15 FTTF slots and if there are not a lot of Platinum members going another 15 slots can be released to FTTF.

If any of what I posted is incorrect I apologize but that is how it was explained to me. I have purchased it for my sailing on the Breeze next September as did a friend of mine. When my friend purchased it (about 2 days ago) it showed only 8 more slots available for FTTF.

Edited by Eng23

Really, why buy it? We were just on the Liberty and at 11:45AM there was no wait to board. Walked in the terminal and was at the desk in under 2 minutes. We were then lead right on the ship. For tendering in belize we had a high numer (I think it was 31). We just walked down to deck zero and said we were late for our excursion and were told to get right on the next tender. Grand Cayman we did the same.

Because one of the best perks is that your cabin is ready for you right when you board. You do not have to wait until 1 or 1:30pm to go to your cabin.

Hi Carnival03 :)

When I phoned Carnival I was told the FTTF program

becomes available 120 days prior to the sail date, and

is available to 50 cabins. However I have read otherwise

within a few posts on here.

Some Cruise Critic members have stated they booked the

FTTF program more than 120 days prior to their sail date.

And some members have stated they saw it listed as sold

out and after time passed it became available.

Also, some members have speculated that if not many diamond

& platinum guests are aboard the cruise, more than 50 FTTF

becomes available. Not sure if I agree with that particular

speculation but it is indeed possible.

The bottom line is, I would certainly keep an eye on it. Hope it

becomes available for you, good luck!

:)

Because one of the best perks is that your cabin is ready for you right when you board. You do not have to wait until 1 or 1:30pm to go to your cabin.

For those that bring on soda or water or have several carry-on's that is a very important part. You get early luggage delivery too. Some of the reports I read said that the luggage was there when they got back to the cabin after eating lunch. You can be completely unpacked and settled in before muster drill.

In all of my cruises we've been able to walk right onto the ship at about Noon anyway. We too had a private excursion planned in Grand Cayman and asked if we could get on the next tender, and they allowed us to - this was before FTTF. I don't see the need here for us. Thanks anyway.

If only 15 are released, and there are thousands on a sailing, just how long do you expect FTTF not to be sold out? Serious question.

Serious answer - Many of those thousands on a sailing won't even know about it. There are a lot of seasoned cruisers out there that never do ship excursions so they would never even look at them on-line where the FTTF is offered.

They usually offer two blocks of 15 per cruise. You never know when the second block will be offered. It depends on how many D/P cruisers are on that particular cruise. If there are too many, only one block will be offered.

I have read on here where towards the sailing date, some will cancel their FTTF and then it will be offered to the public again. Bottom line, keep checking.

I am not traveling till Nov 15 2004. I have two rooms booked and was able to get FTTF for both rooms.

Must have got a great rate on this cruise considering it ended 10 years ago! I didnt know you could buy FTTF retroactivly.If I do this for my 2006 cruise will it change all my terrible memories of standing in lines to pleasant memories of sprinting past my fellow cruisers.......Perhaps you have discovered a secret lifehack to access a Carnival time machine? :cool:

As a shareholder of CCL, it is my opinion that if FTTF is this popular, they need to raise the price by at least 15%.

I'd not buy it anyway, but a price hike will likely be soon. I hope not though because there will be a whole new set of threads about it being unfair. (I don't even want to think about that).