Can't get certain Categories using ES fare on Sunshine?

ready123go

Just had to reschedule my cruise and I can't get my usual category (8A) under Early Saver fare. I had to book 8A using Past Guest. I could book 8B using ES, but not 8A.

Has anyone heard of this? Is this new, for Sunshine only or just a glitch? :confused: I am booking April 2015, which is pretty far out.

Edited by ready123go
additional details

Under the new Carnival fare pricing, Early Saver is only offered if there is not another sale going on with a lower cruise rate price. I called Carnival just last night to ask when Early Saver would be back for my May 2014 cruise and that's what I was told. If there is currently a promotion going on for your sail date, that is why you aren't seeing Early Saver.

Under the new Carnival fare pricing, Early Saver is only offered if there is not another sale going on with a lower cruise rate price. I called Carnival just last night to ask when Early Saver would be back for my May 2014 cruise and that's what I was told. If there is currently a promotion going on for your sail date, that is why you aren't seeing Early Saver.

It's offered, just not in all categories. It starts in 8B and the category I booked is 8A. I had to book under Past Guest. (edited my original post to clarify)

ES is the lowest cruise rate price on that booking right now, with PG about $100 higher.

Edited by ready123go