price drop after final payment

OK-I have forgotten but I am sure someone will know the answer for me. We made our final payment a couple weeks ago and now I see the price is a bit cheaper. I did not book early saver. Is there anything I can do to get the reduction or should I just quit looking to see what the current price is and just be happy that I am booked and leaving on the Breeze in January??? :) Thanks!

Might as well quit looking. Only ES gets price drops after final payment. Some non-ES people have reported calling Carnival and getting them to match prices after final payment, but Carnival is not supposed to be doing that. I don't know why they ever did it, and I haven't heard a report like that for awhile. Have a great cruise!

Edited by k2excursion

If you are actually after final payment DUE DATE and into a penalty period then you are done with price drops so relax and look forward to your cruise.

But for future information. You can still get price drops even if you've paid your cruise off (which I always pay in full at time of booking) as long and that final payment due date hasn't come.

I've been told, but don't know for sure that in the 2nd situation above if you are given a price drop it is given as a refund to the credit card used to pay for the cruise and not as an OBC like ES people get.

OK-I have forgotten but I am sure someone will know the answer for me. We made our final payment a couple weeks ago and now I see the price is a bit cheaper. I did not book early saver. Is there anything I can do to get the reduction or should I just quit looking to see what the current price is and just be happy that I am booked and leaving on the Breeze in January??? :) Thanks!

I called and basically pleaded my case. I got a $50 OBC. Be a bit persistent that you don't want to stitch cabins which is the only thing they "offer you" officially.

I called and basically pleaded my case. I got a $50 OBC. Be a bit persistent that you don't want to stitch cabins which is the only thing they "offer you" officially.

You were lucky that they accommodated you with OBC. However, they are not supposed to do that. Unless you book ES, your price drops are over. Upgrade maybe but not OBC.

Whoever you spoke to probably just wanted to get rid of you. lol :D

I noticed the taxes went down since we booked which was on the day before final payment was due. It isn't a lot - total of a little over $10 - really nothing. BUT, it did seem weird.

Your taxes will probably be refunded to your S & S card when you board the ship. We had a small credit on each of our folios & didn't know what it was for. Turned out it was for reduced taxes.

What if you don't book ES, as it's not an option, but you see the price drop by $300 per stateroom?

I filled out the form and was denied. I've only paid my $150 per person deposit so far. Would or could I be better off making a change to my reservation, incurring the $50 service fee, and rebooking under the cheaper rate?

The rooms right beside us are still available. We currently have three cabins booked. That's $900!

You were lucky that they accommodated you with OBC. However, they are not supposed to do that. Unless you book ES, your price drops are over. Upgrade maybe but not OBC.

Whoever you spoke to probably just wanted to get rid of you. lol :D

That maybe but they still did it.

What if you don't book ES, as it's not an option, but you see the price drop by $300 per stateroom?

I filled out the form and was denied. I've only paid my $150 per person deposit so far. Would or could I be better off making a change to my reservation, incurring the $50 service fee, and rebooking under the cheaper rate?

The rooms right beside us are still available. We currently have three cabins booked. That's $900!

If you didn't book ES, and you're not at the final payment date - just call and ask for a price adjustment. There is no fee.

You can only do that up to final payment date though - after that the only potential possibility is to upgrade.

That's pretty sweet you'll be up $900!!

Jenn :)

The form is only for those that booked ES. All others who request a price drop before final payment have to call. $900 is a great savings.

I booked Early saver a couple weeks ago for the 10/05/14 sailing of the Dream and I paid in full when booking.

Found a price drop this week....

I expected a credit to my credit card- but they gave me OBC instead ( which does now show on my docs ) ....

I know that is not what you asked.... .sorry.. I disgress.....

• 1 month later...
That I did not want to move my cabin and that the price drop happened a week after final payment.

Does anyone have any experience of this close to boarding, if price drops are evident? Will OBC, or cabin upgrades, be granted? Are the chances better or worse with a TA, if not booked directly with Carnival.

Does anyone have any experience of this close to boarding, if price drops are evident? Will OBC, or cabin upgrades, be granted? Are the chances better or worse with a TA, if not booked directly with Carnival.

Any thoughts please?

Any thoughts please?

For upgrades ... You can check yourself on the website, to see if any cabins in a higher category are cheaper than what you paid (or at a price difference you're willing to pay to upgrade). If you see something, call them and say you want to switch your cabin to xyz. It's better if you know what you want before calling.

In terms if getting money back, that's only if you booked ES.

For a TA vs Carnival, a lot of people report of hassles of trying to get price drops for their ES bookings, vs the convenience of doing it yourself.

Personally we always book direct with Carnival.

Good luck!

For upgrades ... You can check yourself on the website, to see if any cabins in a higher category are cheaper than what you paid (or at a price difference you're willing to pay to upgrade). If you see something, call them and say you want to switch your cabin to xyz. It's better if you know what you want before calling.

In terms if getting money back, that's only if you booked ES.

For a TA vs Carnival, a lot of people report of hassles of trying to get price drops for their ES bookings, vs the convenience of doing it yourself.

Personally we always book direct with Carnival.

Good luck!

Thank you for the clear response, much appreciated. Will try the TA in a few days time, and see what the upgrade picture is at that time.