Winter 2014/5 cruises - about time they went on sale?

Skipper Tim

As per subject. Does anyone have any information as to when MSC will release cruise itineraries which are now less than a year away?

I am itching to book a South American repo. The flights are on sale (i.e. Avios redemption flights for October/November 2014 are starting to dry up!!!) but there are no MSC cruises to connect them to.

Come on MSC, stay with the game.

They are out in the USA.

Having had a deeper mooch around the USA site, it is only the Divina itineraries that are currently on sale for next Winter.

I was trying to find if the Lirica would be returning to the Middle East and, if so, what the dates her repo would be. I panicked when she had no future beyond November 9th (Marseille) - fearing her scrapping :).

Having had a deeper mooch around the USA site, it is only the Divina itineraries that are currently on sale for next Winter.

I was trying to find if the Lirica would be returning to the Middle East and, if so, what the dates her repo would be. I panicked when she had no future beyond November 9th (Marseille) - fearing her scrapping :).

Has the Divina got a "break" pencilled in or is it continuing straight through to 2015?

Today in MSC Facebook page (spanish version) they put this:

MSC Divina atraviesa el océano. A partir del 20 de noviembre y durante un año entero, te llevará a explorar los mares del Caribe desde Miami. ¡No dejes escapar la ocasión!

Translated: MSC Divina is crossing the ocean, from november the 20th on, and for a whole year, it will explore the caribbean seas out of Miami.

Maybe it's a mistake, but this phrase "for a whole year" usually means it's just for a year. :confused:

Edited by Elmartellama

Today in MSC Facebook page (spanish version) they put this:

MSC Divina atraviesa el océano. A partir del 20 de noviembre y durante un año entero, te llevará a explorar los mares del Caribe desde Miami. ¡No dejes escapar la ocasión!

Translated: MSC Divina is crossing the ocean, from november the 20th on, and for a whole year, it will explore the caribbean seas out of Miami.

Maybe it's a mistake, but this phrase "for a whole year" usually means it's just for a year. :confused:

We don't have the release date for South American itineraries at this time. However, if you visit http://www.msccruisesusa.com/us_en/Cruise-Departures/Find-Your-Cruise.aspx?DateF=2013-12&DateT=&Reg=CAR&Port=MIA&Ship= you can view all of the MSC Divina itineraries through March 2015. Hope this helps!

Hey MSC, i think you don't like South America ... :( In my early post you didn't replied me and now you keep saying that only MSC Divina is available for the next season. As our friend said above, soon we will loose the nice price flights or we will have to go to the competitors! :eek::eek:

Victor

I have done a little research across the Italian, UK and USA MSC websites. Here are the dates and ports that the currently available itineraries end. This much is known. Therefore, unless there is a period of refurbishment scheduled, these are also the ports and dates that the not-yet-released itineraries will start from.

I have also put (in brackets) the current base(s) of the ship. If MSC were to repeat these bases across the fleet in a year's time, this would be the destination of the repositioning cruise (if any - some ships stay put). Of course MSC are likely to change things but it may be a helpful indication.

MSC Armonia, 17th October, Venice (Gran Canaria)

MSC Divina, 4th April 2015, Miami (Miami)

MSC Fantasia, 2nd November, Venice (Genoa)

MSC Lirica, 7th November, Civitavecchia (Dubai)

MSC Magnifica, 19th October, Hamburg (Santos)

MSC Musica, 15th November, Genoa (Santo Domingo)

MSC Opera, 7th October, Southampton (Durban)

MSC Orchestra, 5th November, Venice ( Rio de Janeiro & Santos)

MSC Poesia, 17th November, Genoa (Buenos Aires)

MSC Preziosa, 8th November, Venice (Santos)

MSC Sinfonia, 16th November, Genoa (Durban & Cape Town)

MSC Splendida, 16th November, Genoa (Genoa)

There is nothing like a bit of active speculation is there?

E&E excepted.

So travelberlin, on current schedules, the only repos that could start before November are those of the Armonia from Venice, Magnifica from Hamburg and Opera from Southampton.

Tim.

Edited by Skipper Tim

I have done a little research across the Italian, UK and USA MSC websites. Here are the dates and ports that the currently available itineraries end. This much is known. Therefore, unless there is a period of refurbishment scheduled, these are also the ports and dates that the not-yet-released itineraries will start from.

I have also put (in brackets) the current base(s) of the ship. If MSC were to repeat these bases across the fleet in a year's time, this would be the destination of the repositioning cruise (if any - some ships stay put). Of course MSC are likely to change things but it may be a helpful indication.

MSC Armonia, 17th October, Venice (Gran Canaria)

MSC Divina, 4th April 2015, Miami (Miami)

MSC Fantasia, 2nd November, Venice (Genoa)

MSC Lirica, 7th November, Civitavecchia (Dubai)

MSC Magnifica, 19th October, Hamburg (Santos)

MSC Musica, 15th November, Genoa (Santo Domingo)

MSC Opera, 7th October, Southampton (Durban)

MSC Orchestra, 5th November, Venice ( Rio de Janeiro & Santos)

MSC Poesia, 17th November, Genoa (Buenos Aires)

MSC Preziosa, 8th November, Venice (Santos)

MSC Sinfonia, 16th November, Genoa (Durban & Cape Town)

MSC Splendida, 16th November, Genoa (Genoa)

There is nothing like a bit of active speculation is there?

E&E excepted.

So travelberlin, on current schedules, the only repos that could start before November are those of the Armonia from Venice, Magnifica from Hamburg and Opera from Southampton.

Tim.

Thanks Tim for doing all this leg work. So November is the most likely for me. have bought concert tickets today for 22 Oct (I'll Divo. - yes I know! very sad but I like them!) so I would need to be back for that impossible with those dates or leave after. I'd prefer the Lirica! Preziosa or orchestra dates as I don't like coming back to close to Christmas (and the air fares go up and presumably availability of Avios flight go down). I'll just need to wait on the itineraries though. Might have a squid at Costa's routes and prices.

Thanks Tim for doing all this leg work. So November is the most likely for me. have bought concert tickets today for 22 Oct (I'll Divo. - yes I know! very sad but I like them!) so I would need to be back for that impossible with those dates or leave after. I'd prefer the Lirica! Preziosa or orchestra dates as I don't like coming back to close to Christmas (and the air fares go up and presumably availability of Avios flight go down). I'll just need to wait on the itineraries though. Might have a squid at Costa's routes and prices.

I'd love to know where Opera is going.