Voyager tv setup

JACKHAWK

I need some info for TV connections on the back of the TV on the Voyager. Does the TV have an HDMI slot or something similar where I can hook my laptop to in order to watch recorded shows on the TV?

Hopefully someone on board can check. I hope to use a DTV GenieGO to watch sporting events while on our next cruise.

Getting to the port on the back of the TV can be near impossible because of the way the TV is mounted To the desk. Another problem is that the remotes don't all have the ability to switch the input. And that function is sometimes blocked.

But by hooking up to the HDMI should be easy using the DVD player. If not you could try using a USB stick, if the model of DVD has a port.

This is one area that onboard support is lacking. Usually the tech says they don't have the manuals to explain how to program the TV's to access the port.

At least you can still watch on your laptop if none of the above works.

One last comment, and it is probably a deal killer: Your ability to download from your home DVR will probably not work due to the slow internet speeds and limited bandwidth. It might work, but it will take hours to download. Be prepared to have the connection often drop requiring you to re-login multiple times

In a word no.

All three vessels have the same AOMNI AL26OA6 TVs,

Whilst these do have HDMI connectors, the TVs are in "hotel mode" which locks them down so that you cannot use the HDMI etc inputs, it also locks you from changing the setup etc.

Your only way is to use the DVD source, this is the usual 3 Phono (aka RCA) connectors, and the remote has a button to switch from TV to DVD

See this thread for more details:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1496273