gastric sleeve-steak house

nowendy

I had the gastric sleeve done and I can't eat very much. DH would like to go to steakhouse and it would not pay for me to pay the extra charge because I would never eat even half of the food. Has anyone gone to steakhouse and not eat, or do they charge per person regardless if you eat or not.

I had stomach cancer a few years ago and can't eat a lot at one sitting. DH and I have done Chef's Table 3 times. Do I eat/drink $75.00 worth? No way, I eat a bite or two of each course, the Chef is aware of my problem. I love the experience as does DH. Could you join your hubby and just eat what you are comfortable with, not trying to eat your money's worth but enjoying a nice evening with him?

I had the gastric sleeve done and I can't eat very much. DH would like to go to steakhouse and it would not pay for me to pay the extra charge because I would never eat even half of the food. Has anyone gone to steakhouse and not eat, or do they charge per person regardless if you eat or not.

Congrats on your surgery, and I wish you much luck!

To answer your question, I believe they will charge per person regardless of how much you eat. If the money itself isn't a problem, why not go and enjoy your evening with hubby? You can always order your starter and main dish, and just eat a little of each, so at least you can try it. Just a thought. I hope you have a wonderful time!

I also had gastric sleeve surgery. Last January (I was a little over 1 year post surg) we were on a cruise and went to the steakhouse. I skipped the salad and only ordered a main course of fish and a side veggie. I was only able to eat about a 1/4 of the fish but it was wonderful. Even ordered dessert and had 1 bite. I enjoyed the meal and it was worth every penny. Was with a group of family and friends and had a great time.

Maybe you should not go if you got those worries.

Nowendy, I have some info for you.!.! We sailed the Liberty this past February. My wife had the RNY about 10 months before the sailing. Here's what I did. On Embarkation day I went up to the Steakhouse and explained the situation. At that point she was just under a cup of food per meal. "We have done the Steakhouse in the past, we love the service" and so on. The person there had to make a phone call to her manager, who called the Steakhouse manager who called the food service manager. The process took almost (2) hours but was approved. My request was to share the meal. They cut everything down the middle, which was WAY too much food for her. It was a wonderful night. And BTW, it was on the 1st night so we got the wine for free. When it came time to pay for the meal it was rung up as two meals by mistake. After pointing out the mistake it was corrected to the $30. Since the tip is included in the meal I added a pretty good tip to the tab. On a side note, I have cut my eating down a lot since her surgery. The meal was still too much for the two of us. So go let them know and good luck! I'm sure you will have a wonderful time.

If you were my wife,,,,

We would still make the reservations, we would still go, my wife would only maybe order and eat whatever she could, appetizer , maybe just salad,,,,

And I would still pay the $30 for her meal.

It's not about the money, it's not about the food eaten or not eaten,,,, it's about the time spent together.

Hmmm. Let me try this again.

The steakhouse (or any fine dining establishment) is not about quantity but rather quality. You order a 8 oz filet for $50 because it is far superior than a 24 oz sirloin for $17 at Chilis. You go for the experience, even if you only eat half of every course.

I can think of lots of DH's that would love to be in this situation where they could eat the leftovers. LOL. Just go and eat what you can and enjoy the evening. It's about the experience, the atmosphere, and the company. Enjoy.

Hubby is fully aware of the now dietary restrictions and obviously wants to go. You should go...for him.