Just back from Costa Magica!!

twojays

You sound like cruise addict, but I can relate to that, I've done 7 p&o cruises and I started to get bored with them thats why I've chosen costa this time.

So do you fly to Europe each time?

Do you do anything else in Europe when you go or do you just go to catch the ship.

Do you get any good deals, seeing you've cruised so many times with costa?

What state are you from?

I hope you don't mind me asking all these questions.:)

ozzietraveller, If you speak Italian, then you have a choice of who to sit with - but as the English speaking passengers are in the minority, you might be better asking for Italian speaking ones.

On our cruise, the people at the next table were Canadian, but they had asked to sit with French speaking passengers so they could practise their French.

Hi Ozzie Traveller,

We are Australians but live in Germany, so that we just drive down to Savona to board the ship. Therefore I don't know the best way to get from Genoa to Savona, but I've heard there's a train connection. This time we will go a few days earlier and spend the tie on the Cinque Terre before going onto Savona.

I'm sure the Italians will be interested to find an Italian-speaking Australian on their table. The restaurants seem to divide up the English speakers into "American" & "Commonwealth", so we usually end up with Brits.

Costa has a frequent traveller club which offers discounts and other benefits. We shop around on the net and get a good price.

• 1 month later...
Hi Ozzie Traveller

I am also Australian and was in Tunisia on the Costa Mediterranea last year. I didn't need a visa - the ship arranged entry directly with the immigration officials. Ths could have been because we were on an excursion, but I think the same applies whatever you do. I will be back there on the Magica next month and plan to go ashore independently, so I hope I am right!

For anyone a bit concerned about Tunis, you can relax a bit. OK, it is a bit harder than some other ports, but it's also exotic and interesting. If you're on a tour there is nothing at all to be concerned about. We headed off to a restaurant during the free shopping part of the tour and this was really fun - we were well looked after by the host and had a great time. This time we are trying to arrange a private driver.

A question on Tunis - were Euros acceptable for the Bazars?

Archived