Antime Dining

SissasMomE

Hi - I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. I've been sailing with NCL recently, and on my last Carnival cruise we had set time dining. So - with anytime dining, I'm assuming my family of 3 will be able to have a table to ourselves? Also, I like the singing and dancing waiters, but do you get that with anytime dining? Thanks :D

Hi - I apologize in advance if this is a stupid question. I've been sailing with NCL recently, and on my last Carnival cruise we had set time dining. So - with anytime dining, I'm assuming my family of 3 will be able to have a table to ourselves? Also, I like the singing and dancing waiters, but do you get that with anytime dining? Thanks :D

You will be able to have your own table. And the waiters will be singing and dancing. Keep in mind that while you are dining "Anytime" others are still using set time. It works but not as well as Freestyle.

You will be able to have your own table. And the waiters will be singing and dancing. Keep in mind that while you are dining "Anytime" others are still using set time. It works but not as well as Freestyle.

That's ok, as long as we can have our own table it will be fine. Thanks for answering! I really didn't want to miss the singing waiters (dorky, I know) but hubby is so spoiled by NCL, I don't think he will ever go back to a set dining time.,

Yes you will get you own table. [esp if you specify that.]

In august, I was nervous about anytime dining on CCL. It worked out just fine. And a few nights we were able to enjoy the dancing waiters. :)

Have a great time.

Edited by jemrtt

ANYTIME DINING TIP: Wander through the ATD dining room (lower level of the dining room behind the lobby bar in the afternoon after the safety drill. They will have the tables set up by then. Each table has a card with the table number on it. Select the table you'd like (my DW always picks one near a window). When you show up for dinner, ask the hostess for the table by number. If there's someone already seated, you may have to wait a few minutes, but they are very good about honoring requests like that. You'll have the option on other nights of choosing another table, but we've always liked the wait staff we've had, and other than eating in the steakhouse, will always go back to the same table in the MDR. When you check in with the hostess, they'll ask for your cabin number. On each succeeding night when you check in, their computer will show where you sat previously, and they'll put you at that table unless you ask to sit somewhere else....Happy cruising!

ANYTIME DINING TIP: Wander through the ATD dining room (lower level of the dining room behind the lobby bar in the afternoon after the safety drill. They will have the tables set up by then. Each table has a card with the table number on it. Select the table you'd like (my DW always picks one near a window). When you show up for dinner, ask the hostess for the table by number. If there's someone already seated, you may have to wait a few minutes, but they are very good about honoring requests like that. You'll have the option on other nights of choosing another table, but we've always liked the wait staff we've had, and other than eating in the steakhouse, will always go back to the same table in the MDR. When you check in with the hostess, they'll ask for your cabin number. On each succeeding night when you check in, their computer will show where you sat previously, and they'll put you at that table unless you ask to sit somewhere else....Happy cruising!

That's great - thank you!

We had ATD on the Fascination two weeks ago, we went at 7 every night, we were seated with our friends, it was right after the dinner portion serving of the early seating, and we got singing and dancing waiters every night. It held us up alittle being served, but since we were cruising with newbies, and they enjoyed it, it worked well for us.

You shouldn't have any problem getting a table for 3, however you may have a wait if you go around 7pm to see the waiters sing/dance. I think they start a bit after 7, so try to go in an hour window around that time. Earlier=shorter or no wait generally.