Do more expensive rooms= better cabin service?

orleanna1521

OH YES , recently off the Breeze and had the worse ( Deck eleven ) cabin steward yet.

Table not cleaned dirty dinner glass ( 1 ) . Yellow towels left on the floor from past guest finally removed the second day after we requested only.

Had to request ice everyday, usually just went to Lido myself .. No bedroom shoes, had to request that as well. Floor not vacuumed . Dirty pillow case ( Lipstick ) from past guest.

No turn down, it gets worse :( so I'll stop here.

Goodness! Hope you had a good cruise overall!

I've read some horror stories recently and even the worse steward we've had is nowhere near them. I had some words with one steward and all was better afterwards.

Do you feel that a more expensive stateroom gets you better service from the cabin steward?

I have sailed in interior, balcony and suite rooms. I will say that some stewards seem better than others but one of our all time favorite stewards was when we were in a interior room on riveria deck.

Just wondering if other people had similar experiences?

We always are on Riviera midship and have had excellent stewards on every cruise, so far. Hope it continues to be so next January.

OH YES , recently off the Breeze and had the worse ( Deck eleven ) cabin steward yet.

Table not cleaned dirty dinner glass ( 1 ) . Yellow towels left on the floor from past guest finally removed the second day after we requested only.

Had to request ice everyday, usually just went to Lido myself .. No bedroom shoes, had to request that as well. Floor not vacuumed . Dirty pillow case ( Lipstick ) from past guest.

Huh?

We have already received our prefab apology email .

Never had any problems in the past. PVP rant and raved about the spa cabin so we let her know about the problems.

Please keep in mind that we requested no compensation, nor did we contact the Executive Offices what so ever.

Hello xxxxxxxx,

Thank you for contacting the Executive Offices of the President of Carnival Cruise Lines. Your e-mail has been forwarded to my attention by your Personal Vacation Planner, xxxxxxxx and it’s my pleasure to respond.

Let me first begin by thanking you for your loyalty over the years; we certainly appreciate your continued support. Thank you for your patronage!

We must agree with you that Carnival sets the stage for high standard in the quality of services that we provide to our guests. It is with much regret to read the details of your e-mail outlining your disappointment.

Keeping customers happy is at the heart of our business. We agree that a cruise is meant to be an escape from the stresses and strains of everyday life: a time to feel pampered, to enjoy fabulous food and great entertainment, to lie in the sun without a care in the world.

It is disheartening to know that this was not the case for you and that we didn’t meet your expectations with the service provided to you, as well as with the loss of your xxxxxxx. We’re so sorry and we assure you that your feedback will be forwarded to the relevant departments who will address and make the necessary changes.

With that in mind, we know you should feel as though your stateroom is a secure place, which is why we are so sorry to hear you discovered one of your xxxxxx missing from your cabin. Occurrences such as this are rare, however, Carnival does not assume liability for loss or theft of money, jewelry, and other valuables left in the stateroom, luggage or public areas onboard. However, we’ve taken the liberty to open a case and document the description of your xxxxx. Should it be found within 30 days of your return date, we will contact you to schedule delivery.

Once again, we apologize for any disappointment this may have caused you. Please don't let what happened this time around tarnish your entire opinion of us. We'd like nothing more than to welcome you back.

xxxxx once again, we are grateful for your continuous support and we would like to wish you and your family a Happy & Joyous Thanksgiving!

Sincerely, xxxxxxx

No way, Jose. We've sailed in all sorts of cabins and haven't noticed any difference in service because of the cabin we're in. We have had different levels of service, but it's usually due to the availability of the steward. Sometimes we see our steward all the time and are able to convey needs/wants/compliments. While other times we never see the steward and aren't really able to tell him/her what we'd like.

Either way, we've always had really good service on board and it ALWAYS beat the service I get at my own home...which is NONE!:D

We sailed an obstructed view balcony on the Pride and had a wonderful cabin steward. He always seemed to be around and always greeted us by name. We just sailed an aft balcony on the Breeze and our room was always clean but we didn't really see our steward much and he never greeted us by name. But the level of service was equal between the two I think.

No one will ever beat our first cabin steward, Joe. I don't think we'd have become addicts without him. We've only sailed in a balcony stateroom once, that is the only time we just received "okay" service. Not bad, just not outstanding. Both times we cruised with our daughters, our stewards went out of their way to take care of us and totally made over them. You could tell that they had families back home that they missed!

We usually sail in a balcony room but have done an inside and also splurged on a suite on our last cruise. You have good and bad everywhere. Most are good at their jobs, some are great, and some really should be in another line of work.

We've only really had two bad stewards over the years and they weren't that horrible. One we kept running out of toilet paper and he never left extra. Never saw the guy except hiding out on the secret deck smoking. We were laughing about that one by the end of the cruise. Not much I require on a cruise but TP is one of them lol. :p

The other was just strange and was for the suite. Room wasn't quite as clean as we are used to and he was kind of condescending, argued with me about laundry service (we are platinum) and kept walking in without knocking. Twice he walked in while I was changing clothes and didn't leave. It was the only steward I was ever truly uncomfortable with.

On the other hand, one of the best stewards we ever had was 2 years earlier on the same ship and happened to be working the next section of rooms and recognized me in the hall. Even if my own steward was a dud, it was great to walk down the hall and have our old steward call out "hi miss, j....., how was your day?" :) Amazing that he remembered us after all that time.

Oh, my:confused:!

Never had that experience.

Best room attendant I ever had was in the little bunk bed room, also in an inside room on the Elation.

Had a suite and service was not as good as most of my other experiences.

I had asked what "perks" I had to look forward to and was told

"You get to stay in a suite."

They were right- got my priorities straight and had a great cruise...

Pam

I think in theory the better your room the better your room steward. Of course insides across from suites get the same stewards. But the stewards actually start cleaning areas that the staff use and are promoted to better and better rooms. But we've never had bad service. It's always been excellent. So, I haven't actually seen this happen. Our favorite room steward was in an inside room.

Our very first cruise we sailed on the Ecstasy in 2011 and had a porthole room on the Empress deck. We only saw our cabin steward once, but lest you think this is a slam, he was FABUouS. Never saw him, but always saw the results. He took really good care of the room, and since we were never there except to change clothes or go to sleep we were very satisfied.

On our next cruise the Imagination, we sailed out of Miami, and our room was on the Main Deck - ocean view - and it smelled like a smokers room all the time! We would open the window when we got back and it would clear it out a little, but by the next night it was just as bad. We were joking that the staff were smoking in the room but we know that is not so, I should have checked to see is there was a balcony or the smokers lounge above us. The cabin steward was great, but there was not much he could do about that I guess.

On our next cruise I picked an interior room for partly that reason. We shall see.