can you still get price drops

fishtaco

Since you are in Australia make sure that those rules still apply :)

Why would they not apply:confused:

Carnival USA and Carnival Australia are 2 different companies but I use Carnival USA not Carnival AU:)

last time I booked from Australia with ES I got price drops but couldnt get resident rates as they are North America specific..

Edited by fishtaco

Off topic, but congrats on not smoking - noticed your ticker below.

Thanks and I am never going back:)

In just one year my smoking money has paid for my trip June 2014 to USA from Australia:eek:

By June next year it would have paid all spending costs and proposed btb cruise:)

Why would they not apply:confused:

Carnival USA and Carnival Australia are 2 different companies but I use Carnival USA not Carnival AU:)

last time I booked from Australia with ES I got price drops but couldnt get resident rates as they are North America specific..

I have seen posts where people in UK had issues. Maybe it is because they use Carnival UK & not USA? Who knows .. just thought I would have you check.

I have seen posts where people in UK had issues. Maybe it is because they use Carnival UK & not USA? Who knows .. just thought I would have you check.

Yes thanks:)

I can only book over the phone as I am in Australia but the usual T&C,s for carnival USA still apply because with Carnival Australia you cant book Carnival USA cruises.

Thanks again:)

How exactly would a price drop work if say you paid $1,037 and the Guest Appreciation rate was $1,077 but has an OBC of $100? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

Some are not great at math skills and don't realize they are buying their obc. They simply see obc as a bonus.

How exactly would a price drop work if say you paid $1,037 and the Guest Appreciation rate was $1,077 but has an OBC of $100? Thanks!

Sent from my LG-L38C using Forums mobile app

That's not exactly a drop. But if you want to take advantage of that OBC, you need to call Carnival or your TA (if you're before final payment) and have them change your rate code to the Guest Appreciation promo. You would need to pay the additional $40 to get the $100 OBC.

Yes, I had that issue. I now book with Carnival USA. Just waiting and hoping the Early Saver rate comes back for my cruise date in August. I booked under the sale and it's not there at the moment. I now have flights secured, so am ready to switch. If it doesn't never mind, I will keep checking until final payment.