Norwegian Sun Suites

travelmum48

I'm not Donna, but because of her we booked SE 9076, Donna's very own aft penthouse suite, for our Alaska cruise last May. I can now see why Donna returns to that suite whenever she can. It is HUGE. The living room and bedroom are separated by a door. Each of those rooms has a sliding door that leads to the balcony. You can enter the bathroom (also huge) from the entryway or the bedroom. There is plenty of storage, some in the bedroom and lots more in the dressing area and bathroom.

If you'd like to see some photos of the cabin, here's the link. I know you'd enjoy that cabin very much.

Edited by Cruise_More_Often

Donna here. You guys crack me up BTW. I have been in 9076 twice and will be in 9276 next. It's mirror image.

A few other points, two thermostats. One in living, one in bedroom.

it has a great bathroom. Connected is a vanity with 2nd closet.

Ya know, do believe I could live in that suite full time... If only they allowed dogs. :)

The aft balcony is huge and wonderful. Pretty private. Fun in the Sun during the day and magically hypnotic and peaceful at night.

Since the Sun is older and smaller it is priced well. There is no Haven on the Sun, 20 suites total. I truly believe there is little to no difference in the suite experience on the Sun no matter which suite you book, except for the few extras the Owner's suite has, like the Lavazza and free liquor. Oh and their outside bathtub. :) All Sun suites have reserved seating access in the theater.

The Sun's suite dining for breakfast and lunch is in Il Adagio, which reeks of ambience and stunning views.

The Sun has a forward observation lounge and a Great Outdoors in the stern. How many NCL ships still do?

There are a great number of us who pick the Sun as our favorite.

Go for it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

I'm not Donna, but because of her we booked SE 9076, Donna's very own aft penthouse suite, for our Alaska cruise last May. I can now see why Donna returns to that suite whenever she can. It is HUGE. The living room and bedroom are separated by a door. Each of those rooms has a sliding door that leads to the balcony. You can enter the bathroom (also huge) from the entryway or the bedroom. There is plenty of storage, some in the bedroom and lots more in the dressing area and bathroom.

If you'd like to see some photos of the cabin, here's the link. I know you'd enjoy that cabin very much.

Great pictures. Brings back wonderful memories!

Were staying in the aft suite for my hubby's bday and we can't wait!!! Is there a table and chair outside on the balcony cuz I know we're going to want to order in and eat on the balcony some nights!

Niki

There is only one:

Suite3-L.jpg

Also, there is no dining table in the living room, only a large coffee table. We had NO trouble eating dinner (served by our butler) on that table.

Great pictures. Brings back wonderful memories!

Thanks, Donna. I love going back to the time we spent in that cabin. I think if we weren't out on an excursion or eating dinner, we were enjoying the cabin or balcony.

The balcony was ESPECIALLY wonderful on the day we were in Glacier Bay.

Thanks, Donna. I love going back to the time we spent in that cabin. I think if we weren't out on an excursion or eating dinner, we were enjoying the cabin or balcony.

The balcony was ESPECIALLY wonderful on the day we were in Glacier Bay.

I can relate to your viewing of Glacier Bay as we cruised the Chilean fjords and sat out there. Next we will view Panama Canal transit thru the locks.

I'm sooooooo excited. Thank you Cruise_More_Often, what wonderful pictures.

We're in 9277 for our Alaska cruise in September (only my husband doesn't know, it's a suprise) I'm going to burst after seeing those views :D I'll never be able to keep it in. I'd love the suite, and Donna sells it so well, but I think its out of my league and wallet. Maybe one day...but I'm happy only 9 months and two weeks to go.

Your photos are great! I see that you went in May? What type of clothing did you wear off the ship for your excursions? Especially shoes and what type of coat? Thank you!

I believe I was in 9202 on the Sun for Alaska. I remember that my sister and I had separate penthouses that were supposed to be the same but mine had a larger balcony and the room was even a little larger. She felt somewhat cheated since we paid the same.

We've done Alaska on the Pearl in both Forward and Aft suites. Still much prefer the forward suites. Like seeing where I'm going, not where I've been, and the views from the forward suites are amazing.

However, the aft suites have the advantage of being more sheltered.

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between the forward suites on Deck 8, specifically the corner SF (former Romance Suites) from the SG suites. It is really difficult to identify the difference using the NCL website.:confused:

Based on the discussion, I wish we had book an aft SE suite. It looks impressive!

Your photos are great! I see that you went in May? What type of clothing did you wear off the ship for your excursions? Especially shoes and what type of coat? Thank you!
Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed them.

We both wore our 3-in-1 jackets from LL Bean, jeans and hiking boots (the low kind). My boots weren't water repellent, so I sprayed the heck out of them with some canned repellent. The jackets came in handy when standing out on the balcony, too. Be sure to take gloves and a hat with you. And a camera. :D

Have fun! We're trying to decide when to go back.

I'm sooooooo excited. Thank you Cruise_More_Often, what wonderful pictures.

We're in 9277 for our Alaska cruise in September (only my husband doesn't know, it's a suprise) I'm going to burst after seeing those views :D I'll never be able to keep it in. I'd love the suite, and Donna sells it so well, but I think its out of my league and wallet. Maybe one day...but I'm happy only 9 months and two weeks to go.

I visited CC roll call friends in 9077. Mirror image of yours. You are gonna love it!!!