Surprise Cruise=Ruined

Lerin

So I purchased a surprise cruise for my DH's birthday this summer.

Yesterday, I made a payment and they sent the receipt to our shared e mail address!

I even checked online to be certain that I had replaced that with my personal address(I had). Also previous payments had gone to my personal e mail.

This morning I got off the phone with Carnival to see what was going on. They said that even though I had my personal e mail in the system, the shared e mail was also on file so that's why it went there.

Oh well, the good news is I don't have to spend hours coming up with a dramatic reveal. :rolleyes: He walked by me as I was washing dishes and said, "Oh we're going on another cruise?" So much for drama and excitement. lol

BUT

I would still like to make some of it a surprise.

We're going to Grand Turk, Nassau, and HMC.

Maybe a cabana rental? Atlantis? Behind the Fun tour? Upgrade to a suite? Cancel and just have a birthday dinner at home? lol, just kidding on that last one.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any input. :)

Sorry about the spoiled surprise....that also happened to me a few years back when they still mailed out the cruise documents and luggage tags.

I was trying to surprise my dad and he got to the mailbox one day before I did.

I was able to include him in the planning of the excursions and stuff

You can still surprise your OP with something personal. Some goodies sent to the room. An excursion you plan on your own without him knowing. Something (ahem...sexy) packed in the suitcase. I bet he'll love that just as much!:p Don't be bummed out.

P.S. - if you do plan anything that might trigger an email confirmation from carnival, set a filter so the emails go into another folder. Enjoy your trip!

Sorry to hear that happened. Happened to me too for a surprise to my wife for our 20th anniv. :(

I had the time so I told her it was an error and I changed our e-mail on file with Carnival. Then I changed cruises so she really didn't know. :D

Hope you have fun anyway!

P.S. - if you do plan anything that might trigger an email confirmation from carnival, set a filter so the emails go into another folder. Enjoy your trip!

Good idea. Though I called them and they say the email issue is fixed, you never know!

Thanks for all the ideas. :)

Try to arrange and plan something special for each port. Maybe the cabana at HMC.

But you may want to go into your carnival log in profile and remove his email from the contacts or do it over the phone. Otherwise he might get the receipt for the cabana by email too.

I wish my spouse would do a surprise cruise for me. He was supposed to plan our 25th wedding anniversary trip this past Sept., but when I realized a month out Nothing had been planned, I decided to take matters into my hands and book a cruise. Our best trip yet!!!!

Sorry that happened to you. One year some of my friends and I were planning a cruise and we were trying hard not to tell another friend. Nothing against that friend just didn't want a large crowd going with us that time. Well the cruise before that friend had booked after us and used my PVP so she could link us for dinner. Well she saved her email for the confirmations. This next time when we were trying for her not to find out all our booking information was sent to that friend. Neither I nor my PVP had thought about it being changed. Needless to say guess who went on the cruise.

Sorry that happened to you. One year some of my friends and I were planning a cruise and we were trying hard not to tell another friend. Nothing against that friend just didn't want a large crowd going with us that time. Well the cruise before that friend had booked after us and used my PVP so she could link us for dinner. Well she saved her email for the confirmations. This next time when we were trying for her not to find out all our booking information was sent to that friend. Neither I nor my PVP had thought about it being changed. Needless to say guess who went on the cruise.

How were you guys going to keep it secret after the trip was over? Just never talk about it in front of her?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I would still like to make some of it a surprise.

We're going to Grand Turk, Nassau, and HMC.

Maybe a cabana rental? Atlantis? Behind the Fun tour? Upgrade to a suite? Cancel and just have a birthday dinner at home? lol, just kidding on that last one.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any input. :)

I highly, highly recommend the cabana on HMC. We've done it twice now and it is well worth the $$. It will make good memories of the trip for you.