How late can we leave the ship?

jemrtt

So, normally during disembarkation we choose early walk off, so that we don't have to put our luggage out the night before. But my questions are:

Can we stay on until all the luggage tags are called and then walk off with our bags at the final call? Will anyone be there checking to see if we pick up our luggage in the holding area?

They make it sound like you cannot do this without breaking some of the rules?

So, normally during disembarkation we choose early walk off, so that we don't have to put our luggage out the night before. But my questions are:

Can we stay on until all the luggage tags are called and then walk off with our bags at the final call? Will anyone be there checking to see if we pick up our luggage in the holding area?

They make it sound like you cannot do this without breaking some of the rules?

Yes you can wait until last call. But in consideration of the crew who have to perform magic for the next group to begin boarding it's nice if you leave earlier.:)

Yes you can wait until last call. But in consideration of the crew who have to perform magic for the next group to begin boarding it's nice if you leave earlier.:)

I always go kicking and screaming!! We usually try to be off the ship by 900. They like to call by your luggage tag color but if you ask they will probably let you earlier.

I found this on NCL's site. it helps me to answer part of the question...as did Kcwingwalker. thank you

Freestyle Disembarkation:

Norwegian’s guest-friendly disembarkation system allows guests to enjoy the final morning of the cruise and depart the ship at their leisure;

• Guests may stay in their cabins and enjoy continental breakfast, eat breakfast in one of the main restaurants or eat at the buffet or casual restaurant until their colored luggage tag is called or until the last and final call, which is normally around 10 a.m.

But I'm wondering if I have to put my luggage out the night before to enjoy the freestyle disembarkation or if I'm allowed to walk off with it...

Recently on the Gem, we were told to be out of our rooms by 8-8:30. We prefer to do easy walk-off with our own luggage and didn't want to drag our luggage to breakfast so we asked our room steward if we could leave our luggage in the room and come back for it after breakfast - about 9. There was no problem doing this. Then we hung around on the 6th floor near Maltings while they called all the luggage colors. We had a late flight so we were in no rush to get off the ship. When you do the easy walk off with your own luggage, you can leave the ship whenever you want (obviously not later than the last color call).

• Guests may stay in their cabins and enjoy continental breakfast, eat breakfast in one of the main restaurants or eat at the buffet or casual restaurant until their colored luggage tag is called or until the last and final call, which is normally around 10 a.m.

On the last couple of cruises I was on, they clearly wanted people out of their cabins by 9:00 - 9:30.

We tend to book our flights with plenty of time available, so we usually wait until "last call" as well. By 9 they're making general announcements to leave. By 10 they're giving you the "get the heck off the ship or we'll throw you off" announcements :D

We usually plan to leave the ship, kicking and screaming also, by 9 or 9:30. Because we never book early flights or trains, we don't carry off our own luggage. They're heavy, and a pain in the ass to drag on stairs or crowded elevators.

If we need to leave our cabins earlier, we'll find seats in the Atrium to enjoy the last few minutes aboard. Reality strikes fast enough.

I always want to leave as late as possible, too, waiting for last call. Only in San Pedro did we leave earlier because of a flight.

But when we boarded the ship in San Pedro, there was a long wait to get on (about an hour and a half, and we got there around 11:00), because there were some people who had not left the ship, and they were trying to find them!

So I am conscious now to get off at last call, at the latest, because I don't want others to have to wait like I did that one time. Let me tell you, the queue was snaking back and forth about 4 rows thick before we started moving. There were a lot of disgruntled people wondering what was wrong!

Edited by planma'am

The announcements will make you feel uncomfortable about staying on later than 9:00 and there aren't great places to sit and relax. They rope so much off. We had a late flight and thought we'd just hang in the buffet til around 9:30, go back to our room and get our luggage and leave at 10:00. They did everything possible, without directly saying "please get out of here," to make us feel like we needed to leave earlier.

In retrospect, I get it. I'm also one of those people that shows up at 10:30 hoping to get on the ship as early as possible to begin the first day of vacation that I paid for.

My plan was to try to stay on the ship as long as I can but it doesn't sound like any fun. I am doing a cruise on the Carnival Breeze immediately after disembarking from the Epic though so I will still try to not get off before 9 just so I don't have to sit in the other terminal for 3 hours.

-Julie

Just wondering if you can ask for a late color tag on your luggage ?

The luggage tags for disembarkation will be available alongside Guest Services a day or two prior. You go and select the color based upon the time that you wish to depart. Instructions will be in the Freestyle Daily.

The luggage tags for disembarkation will be available alongside Guest Services a day or two prior. You go and select the color based upon the time that you wish to depart. Instructions will be in the Freestyle Daily.

so can I skip the whole luggage tag thing and do the self-walk off...(only later) or will we be "in trouble."

we try hard not to be rule breakers. But in essence we would like to keep our 2 bags with us...exit the room by 8-8:30...and leave at last call, without being frowned upon for not disembarking with all the other early walk off pax.