4 day cruise day and cheers program is it worth it out of galveston

traylynn

Is purchasing the Cheers Program really worth it on a 4 day cruise out of Galveston. Since Texas has the rule about liquor, it is really a 3 day Cheers Program. I am estimating the cost to be 299 give or take a few dollars. I am not a huge drinker maybe 3 small margaritas I am a light weight, but wine is a different story which I was planning on carrying on a bottle, but I do like the option of trying drinks:D. My boyfriend is a vodka/cranberry guy and could drink his share of 15 or more. I am thinking maybe just buying a bottle of vodka on board.

Can someone provide me some sound advice or thoughts.

Is purchasing the Cheers Program really worth it on a 4 day cruise out of Galveston. Since Texas has the rule about liquor, it is really a 3 day Cheers Program. I am estimating the cost to be 299 give or take a few dollars. I am not a huge drinker maybe 3 small margaritas I am a light weight, but wine is a different story which I was planning on carrying on a bottle, but I do like the option of trying drinks:D. My boyfriend is a vodka/cranberry guy and could drink his share of 15 or more. I am thinking maybe just buying a bottle of vodka on board.

I am not a huge drinker so I wouldn't get it.

Even though you buy it on day two, you can retro it back for your drinks on day one if you like. The breakeven point is about 6 drinks a day, depending on what you drink. So, if you will have at least 6 drinks a person per day, then its worth it. Also, as you said you can try different drinks. Maybe you get an after dinner drink like bailey's each night, that you may not spring for, if you were paying for it.. You may drink the more expensive wine with cheers, just things to consider.

Even though you buy it on day two, you can retro it back for your drinks on day one if you like. The breakeven point is about 6 drinks a day, depending on what you drink. So, if you will have at least 6 drinks a person per day, then its worth it. Also, as you said you can try different drinks. Maybe you get an after dinner drink like bailey's each night, that you may not spring for, if you were paying for it.. You may drink the more expensive wine with cheers, just things to consider.

You cannot retro it back to cover the drinks on day 1. I was just on the Magic and they made it very clear that you cannot do this.

You cannot retro it for Galveston sailings.

Personally I would get it. You are only paying for three days - $172.50/pp. If you have 3 margaritas and 3 wines then it pays for itself. Consider the included sodas as an added bonus. If you think you will break even either way then you might as well get it - just in case you want to drink more.

delete

Edited by CRJ700

Since its you and bf you can bring on 2 bottles of wine. I can drink one bottle a night myself. Dh is a beer drinker so with our 2 bottles it works out cheaper for us not to get it. Maybe you could recalculate the breakdown taking into consideration the 2 bottles you can bring.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app